ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Watermarks?
What are watermarks?

I've heard the term mentioned a lot around Toribash but I have no idea what they are. Can someone please tell me?
Watermarks prevent people from stealing your textures. They are a mark that are on a flat, so if someone stole it and wore it, they will have a visible mark on the stolen head.
That's all well and good, but if you're making a texture for yourself, and activate it, how do you prevent people from accusing you of stealing the texture?
Say that you didn't steal it and that you made it, but if they don't believe you, they won't believe you.
ϵ( 'Θ' )϶
You would only put a water mark on it if you where uploading the flat texture to the forum as a preview, so you have a copy of the texture without a watermark then make one with a watermark to show as an example.
Just like if you have art that you are selling(Wartermark is not a toribash thing it is just an anti-fraud method) you would probably have a copy of the art with a watermark on it.

So to answer your question
if you're making a texture for yourself, and activate it, how do you prevent people from accusing you of stealing the texture?

You do not wear the copy with a watermark on it.

hope this helped, ~Tuna
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions