Ranking
Original Post
Why don't we IP ban?
I'm interested to know why we don't IP ban users who are constantly ruining the game for other users. Is it because we are unable to? I mean, the current banning system doesn't affect users who don't really care about their account (alts). Surely this would be the best way to get rid of users who are pretty much known for scamming, ddosing, constant toxicity etc... ban on sight doesn't really work (if that's even still a thing). I don't know the system behind BoS but when I was supposed to be BoS a year ago, staff didn't seem to notice at all unless I told them who I was. I didn't continue what I was banned for but I could have, repeatedly and repeatedly :/ as do some users.
Last edited by Kradel; Aug 17, 2016 at 11:26 AM.
blue
pink
Yeah it's because it's ineffective to. We have the tools to ban an IP, but anyone malicious enough to cause constant problems know very well how to avoid and circumvent IP bans.

Ultimately it's just easier to perma ban alts as they come, it's tons faster and easier for us to ban 10 accounts than someone making 10 accounts.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Yeah, when ip ban someone they can just change their ip to avoid it easily.
while there isn't a way you can get past a account ban.
Last edited by Pimp; Aug 17, 2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: It's so easy.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”