Toribash
But I can trade my magic cards :s

But srs, I'm busy farming up all the basic cards for all the classes so I get a better idea of what can get thrown at me and prep me for arena play. Plus dicking around with general cards to see what shitty strategies don't work.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I played with a friend who actually spent money on the game. rip lossless warlock

On another note, better to spend my gold on packs or save it up to unlock branches of adventures? Or will I invariably need to spend the 50 bucks at some point to unlock the adventures to be worth?

You're gonna want to buy pack until you get pretty much all of the "Rares" and a good amount of the "Epics". And yeah, both of the adventures have cards that are used often in the meta. So you could save up for them but tbh if you get into the game, it's worth just buying the adventures.
It's better to buy all of the adventures first(starting with Naxx) and then to spend gold on arena/packs, in my opinion.

It is a pay to win game since in order to do well you need the legendary cards that you won't get unless you've opened 150+ packs. I , for instance, have never came across a single Twilight Drake or any of the Giants, having opened around 45 packs total. The only useful legendary (to a degree) that I've got from packs so far is Cairne and I crafted Dr. Balance with dust, which made me shed a tear.

Ofcourse, there is an alternative *cough* botting *cough*. I tried it for a couple of days on a seperate account that never got banned and an IRL friend of mine has been doing it for several months now with no reprecussion.

But the most desperate measure is to craft a cheap-ass Face Hunter deck and become the scum that everyone detests.
Just finished Heroic Black Rock Mountain! Woop woop! Wow the struggle.

Think the biggest misconception lower level players have is that a good deck requires legendary cards.

No, some good decks use legendary cards. Others don't. The only legendary you might find in a Warlock Zoo deck is maybe Loatheb? Which is a legendary card that comes standard with purchase of Curse of Naxxarams. There isn't a single legendary card you'd use in Face Hunter, outside of potentially Leeroy Jenkins.

That's two decks that can get you to rank "Legendary" (The highest rank in Hearthstone) if you play it well. Low dust cost, beginner player friendly.

The step up from that would be mid range aggro decks, which would be like Mech Mage, which doesn't require a legendary but performs better if you have Archmage Antoinadas, which is of course one legendary.

So yeah, if you want to use a control warrior deck, you'll need epics like Brawl, and legendary like Alexstraza, Dr.Boom, Grommash Hellscream, Sylvannas, etc. etc. and that's extremely expensive. But you get what you pay for: a deck like that is absurdly consistent, has been meta every season, and offers a ton of decision making. That deck would cost as much as a TCG deck would if you wanted to be at the higher levels of play.

Still, I value normal packs over Blackrock Mountain. Naxx is a must to play hearthstone, but blackrock mountain had few cards that are of real big worth. I've purchased both expansions, and have probably spent ~$400 on packs, and I have essentially every card in the game. Certainly I have the cards to make the exact deck any professional uses of any class in any tournament (Outside of not having Edwin van Cleef for weird combo rogue decks...), and that's sort of my point. I don't have just a professional level deck, I have all of them with that money. And that's a lot cheaper than any Magic the Gathering sort of situation.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; May 29, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
It's annoying that all the expansions for this game cost a lot and aren't free at all...:/
I wonder if we can blub to update the first post to add a bunch of battle tags, wouldn't mind playing against some of you
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Think the biggest misconception lower level players have is that a good deck requires legendary cards.

No, some good decks use legendary cards. Others don't. The only legendary you might find in a Warlock Zoo deck is maybe Loatheb? Which is a legendary card that comes standard with purchase of Curse of Naxxarams. There isn't a single legendary card you'd use in Face Hunter, outside of potentially Leeroy Jenkins.

Actually, you do. Every deck needs legendaries in order to perform consistently. And even if Loatheb is in the second wing, newbie players might be discouraged from getting him because he costs 1400 gold. The situation with Thaussarian is similiar, but seriously, 700 gold for 1 legendary doesn't sound appealing to a f2p user. And I'm a f2p user as well, who has both adventures and knows how long it takes to grind for a single wing.

Not to mention that if you want to play any of the slow classes that require more decision making and are generally more fun(Control Priest, Handlock, Combo Druid etc), you're doomed to fail in ladder if you don't have the class legendaries and the staple neutral ones like Rag, Sylvanas, Black Knight, Alexstrasza and Ysera.

Fun fact, FaZe hunters also use Loatheb.
Slap Dr.Doom in ANY deck and he will work perfectly.

It's true, as you said, that you can hit legend using cheap aggro decks with Warlock and Hunter, but playing those types of decks gets boring extremely fast since you're not presented with a lot of options, just go face *SMOrc*.
Yes, you need legendary cards to have a deck with legendaries in it. Oh also, Control Warrior and Handlock are fun decks, and they have legendaries in them to construct, so you need them to run those decks.

But what about many types of mill decks? Many aggro decks? Many zoo decks? Tempo decks? Hell even ramp druid doesn't need legendaries.

Yes you can't have your cake AND eat it too. You can achieve the highest rank in Hearthstone with multiple decks without spending a dime on the game. And the arena is self sufficient with ability. Asking more of that from a card game is insane. I'm sorry if that's boring and repetitive.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Best solution for all these worries is arena. If you practice well enough, you should be able to manage to get consistent profit with arena.
I'm a free to play player myself, and I have more than 23 legendaries, including 4 from adventures (loatheb, maexxna, majordomo and thaurrissan) and old-murk eye, which you don't get from packs.

Not to mention that I dusted a nozdormu and an iron juggernaut (cause I already had one), and crafted 4 legendaries (boom, raggy, sneed's and jaraxxus) . All these cards are almost purely from arena profit, with not a single dime spent on the game.

3 of the 4 wings I bought were literally me getting over 400-500 gold from 11-12 arena wins, which took almost an hour and a half. If you can average around 7-8 wins, you shouldn't have any issue getting fast gold.

In short, seriously, get good at arena, and reroll the 40 gold quests, until you get 60+ gold quests, voila, free gold.

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that making your own deck has it's benefits as well, considering your opponents won't be able to play around them since they have no idea what you have in store. Don't always just rely on mainstream decks, especially if you can't afford them yet.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
I wonder if we can blub to update the first post to add a bunch of battle tags, wouldn't mind playing against some of you

ijem wanted to do that, im way too lazy to patch the game and keep up with the addon's stuff, bother him with the updates :P
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken