Ranking
Well most popular games now are very alike. I mean FPSs, mmos etc. you dont see many original games everyday. Toribash is awesome but its been there for 10 years and theres not too much content really. You have to spend lots of time playing the game to get decent at it and much more to master it and thats pretty bad for fresh players. I mean most of the people will just ragequit because they cant make tori stand straight lol rip english
~RIP [Vector], Shikkumo's butthole
Replays, Videos
I know how people work...
They want to play the game and master it as soon as they start it but then when you think about it you'll see Tori-players that try to do that, they have no idea what that ghost is or what the hell they're doing because they have no idea how muscles or joints work so they just leave the game because they're doomed no matter how much they try (basically because they ain't giving any time to the game).

Anyhow PUBG is out so don't expect any activity on any other game than PUBG nowadays... I mean it's a nice game and all but it's not worth all of that activity and stuff... not to mention the streamers bonuses and stuff oh and all the bugs which it gives yet players won't stop playing it but then again, they knew that ARMA 3 Battle Royale exists but they didn't buy/play the game, then knew H1Z1 King Of The Kill existed but they didn't buy/play it as well so that's just what's about it with all games.

Kinda hate how people think about games they don't give them a chance...
"Wow I can't even move well then I'll give up, who cares to learn the game it appears quite worth it but yeah, I won't even bother because I'm too lazy to even EAT so playing a game will be quite worthless right?"
█████ Vector █████
█ ███████ █
i mean yeah, that's sort of how it works, but toribash is something different. everyone i've introduced toribash to, thinks it's just a weird ass game. and it is. yeah the tori resembles a human in a way, but it's not even close to anything looking realistic. and that's what people are out for, especially in fighting games.

i got some of my friends to try it ages ago, and they didn't understand shit and just kept thinking it's stupid. and honestly, it is. it's like the mario kart of fighting games. stupidly designed characters (which is pretty much the entire game). to anyone who's not familiar with it, it just looks like a game with no effort put into it. the difference between mario kart and toribash though is that mario kart is a pick up and play game, with no skill required except knowing the controls.
heck, i even sent in an toribash edit years ago to an editing channel, and they called it a 3d animation.

it is true that people try it and then uninstall it because it's a complex movement system which they're simply too lazy to learn, but if the game would've looked like a proper game with realistic enviroments and characters, they'd be far more interested in staying and learning.

then there's players like me who has played the game and gotten skilled in it, but simply realises how much time it takes to make a replay and how stupid it is. nowadays, i honestly think games overall are pretty stupid, but it's not like i stay away from them. sure, i work more on my cars when i get the chance than playing games, but if i'm not doing anything special, of course i'll start a game. but that'd be something like csgo, where you can just pick up a game and play. that's also a game which puts you with players whose decently equal to your skill level (without mentioning smurfs). a game takes about 30-60 minutes, and that may be the time i want to spend on a game that day.
toribash is a game where making a proper replay you'll be proud of, will take hours upon hours (lol hi thats me), and sometimes even days. that's why the game has been dying lately. it's not bringing any new players because of reasons mentioned above, as well as reasons patricko mentioned, and the players who once played it serious have quit due to growing up and getting jobs/other hobbies.
M I N I V A N
Oh well, there's no point influencing people anyway, tbh PUBG is actually really good, I don't blame anyone for only playing PUBG.
I've never played PUBG but it looks fun, I can see why people are into it. Yaa and it happends alot that the game is called "3d animation" after you put an edit somewhere. I've recently came back to toribash (idk for how long tho) heck I might even make an edit I have quite some time to spare now
Replays, Videos
Originally Posted by Keshava View Post
Oh well, there's no point influencing people anyway, tbh PUBG is actually really good, I don't blame anyone for only playing PUBG.

It is fun, I play it as well but I mean there's no point of playing a game if you're not willing to actually learn it... PUBG = run into zones, pick up weapons and med kits and kill, that's all... no skill required inlcuding how "pro" you have to be to press C, hold right click and shoot at the person's head without moving.
At least watch people playing it before giving up on a game you find complicated...
Toribash has been through a lot of that which is why player count is decreasing a lot since many years ago...
Not to mention old players (like myself) who were kids back then with a lot of time to play games like Toribash because they actually found it quite interesting with many mods and a lot of stuff to do when you master it (which I did myself but then got bored/studies came in/basically had other stuff to do) but now everyone has their own stuff like jobs and college/university and such, even basic school.
Kids nowadays are looking for only graphics and gore and killing and not even strategy they just want to kill everyone without giving a chance for themselves to improve and basically raging over everything because that's how their young hormones work, Toribash is much different. Maybe it is true that it is gore and violence and stuff like that but it requires a very high skill level and a good level of creativity/imagination not to mention those people who keep making mods instead of playing the game itself they're just making mods for nobody to play them, player count decreased a lot comparing to how it was many years ago which sucks, a lot.
Last edited by Patrickooo; Sep 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
█████ Vector █████
█ ███████ █
tbh the best time i've had in toribash was when largekilla and pusga were big guys. back when nuthug still made replays once a year and back when dialord had his editing contest.

just for the nostalgia, mention some players you remember (who's not legends today)
swexx
zalmoxis
milk
toritracer (tray now or smth)
lexx
jaker
M I N I V A N
My best times were when Pusga made it into ORMO and when Largekilla and HiVoltage were insane replay makers and Numbers was still active and Oblivion made more spars and Swexx when he was a rookie just improving... not to mention Picasa, Sage, Sainzgc, Proxun, P1npoint, Cozzakill, Splinter, Tamer0, Leyz, Pulse, Leilak, Ishi, Shook, Bisonic, Zeto, Larfen, Nightin, etc.
I also loved back when Replays forum was just beast back in the days of Pusga, 17april, Nemooooo, Jisse, Azuremage, Nearlydead (A.K.A Nearly), Kizachu (A.K.A Kiza) and a lot I can't recall right now, these were the days.
Oh and can't forget when Hours was a good friend of mine back when I made it into Vector clan as well.

My favorite Toribash memory was when I was an Aikido / AikidoBigDojo legend and beat Numbers in Aikido on a betting server, I was so happy lol.
Also the days back when I was the leader of [TABD]Team AikidoBigDojo and it was very active had about 30 or 40 active members and people all around tournaments were trying to impress everybody "yo I'm the leader of TABD" just to feel so awesome lmao. Nothing to show off this is just how it used to be back then, good old days.
█████ Vector █████
█ ███████ █
Damn I can't believe it's been 7 years. My best time of toribash was back in 2011-2014 I think, when I was learning how to edit and I was getting better at replaymaking too. I used to make lots of videos. Maaan dialord's vid contest (thx for reminding me of that hurs), Mike2k5's editing group, Humper and Machker. Meeting LargeKilla randomly ingame (he was using F0RCE account) never knowing he will become a tori-legend, joining firs official clan [Hunters]. Old toribash players... hm except for those that you guys already named, there was iCo0n, vSauce (too bad it's not that vsause lel), mike2k5, maxfire, latinblade and many more.. and ofc my old polish friends - Gaziu, Kolega1010, Powas, dge (owca), sn1ckersik. Good times ._.
Replays, Videos
Well, I started in 2015, so the game's been pretty dead ever since I started, I really wish I was there in Toribash's prime ;(
-----
Anyway, new edit coming soon guys, I'll post it here when I'm done. Lots of rust so it probably won't be that great.
Last edited by Keshava; Sep 22, 2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling Error