Toribash
Original Post
[DSC] Clan [H] needs members!
Well, since [m] recently did this in an attempt to obtain new members for their clan, I decided to do this as well.

If you are interested, please post here!

All i want to see in your post is good grammar. Thanks!

You will most likely be accepted as ingame ability does not matter, and if you have good forum abilities that works! Like i said [h] is a forum-based clan. If you can post well and if you aren't hated by people then you're in. Thank you~
lets be allies ^_^
LIMELIMELIMELIMELIMESFSTLIMELIMELIMELIMELIME
avatar:DENZEL FAISON, animation: Samule
Hello to all the people who recieved this PM.

I would like to take the time to invite all of you into my clan, [Hellions] (if you are not currently in a clan). For the members who do not know, Hellions is a mainly forum-based clan. Your in-game ability doesn't matter, you just have to be a respecting forum member!

If you would be so kind please reply to this PM with either a "yes" or a "no thank you". If you selected "yes", please visit my clan thread in the Clan Discussion Forum and post there. Thank you!

p.s. You need to be active as well. Thanks!

-Owned674

....No

Not only did you basically send out invites as spam email, you didn't even bother to research who you were inviting (note the "if you are not already in a clan").

Not bothering to research who you are inviting shows that you do not honestly care about that individual.

You also come off as desperate; why would someone want to join a clan like that?

(also if you would have done your homework, you would find that I am co-leader of [Guru])
Last edited by lancer_c; Mar 1, 2008 at 07:26 PM.
Originally Posted by lancer_c View Post
....No

Not only did you basically send out invites as spam email, you didn't even bother to research who you were inviting (note the "if you are not already in a clan").

Not bothering to research who you are inviting shows that you do not honestly care about that individual.

You also come off as desperate; why would someone want to join a clan like that?

(also if you would have done your homework, you would find that I am co-leader of [Guru])

Ok, ok, I get it. Don't vent that through our DSC thread tell it to me thru PM. I care about everyone on the forums. EVERYONE. I was just PMing and it was just a way of saying that if those people were in a clan just say no thank you. Stop flaming.

Also, it is allowed to send PMs to groups.
Don't vent that through our DSC thread tell it to me thru PM.

I wasn’t venting.. If I was venting the post would have sounded angry and lacked sense. The post was constructive criticism.

Why didn’t I just PM the response ? Why did I go here?
Well that PM was basically this thread in PM form. Considering that I felt the two were intertwined enough to make the post here. I also felt that others should see that you made these Pms. Again the PM was basically this thread except FORCED unto that person to read it through PM.

I care about everyone on the forums. EVERYONE. I was just PMing and it was just a way of saying that if those people were in a clan just say no thank you

Given the general perception from that PM… it was very generic. It felt like a consumer outreach by a major cooperation.

Its hard for that person to feel that they are actually cared about when reading that PM. If the PM’s were personalized then it may be a different story .

Such a tactic may be ok for a business but it won’t win you much support as a clan.

Stop flaming

Again the above post was constructive, it was not a flame attempt (nor is this one)..
When I said things like “you come off as desperate”; I wasn’t calling you desperate, I was saying that (in a constructive manner) you and this clan are being perceived as such based off that PM. Had I said “You are desperate idiot lol! Retard!” then that would be flaming, but I did not.

Also, it is allowed to send PMs to groups.

Yes, it is. It is also technically allowed for companies to spam email accounts. Does that mean that the general population don’t look down on it (in implication to the generic PM’s saying the same thing to multiple people across the forum; especially regarding an invitation to a clan) ?

The only reason spamming for companies works is because they get money out of it. Spamming ensures that at least one fish out of the bunch will take the bait. It does not really promote the status of the company among its consumer base.

In the situation of getting members for a clan (a united group of members whom gather under the same tag), you shouldn’t want the people who take the bait.

no hidden remark this time, sorry
Last edited by lancer_c; Mar 1, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
no, I invite the people who I feel are quality forum members.

Thank you for your concern though =) I comprehend your feelings, sorry for my precious post.