Toribash
imo I dont really like the helmet so here is an idea for it without the helmet, if you guys could tell me if its better with or without that would be great (the fingers look like trash, they're just sketches):

WITH (original)

WITHOUT (the one I just put together)

Last edited by Veoo; Nov 24, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
The helmet didn't fit it, especially with the color scheme going on. Too many colors, wouldn't look as good.

It seems with every head you make you try to copy membrain's 'lily' head, somewhat repetitive.
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
The helmet didn't fit it, especially with the color scheme going on. Too many colors, wouldn't look as good.

It seems with every head you make you try to copy membrain's 'lily' head, somewhat repetitive.

idk I think lily is a lot different:

the only things it shares with it is, hands, horror and red color scheme.

blah

maybe Idk, I do like that head, but I never look at it when I do art... maybe im just somehow channeling it... I get what you're saying with the repetitiveness tho, I kinda feel like future(the rapper)... he just keeps making the same song with slight tweaks lmao.

WELL.

IDK what to replace the helmet with, someone help me out.

Maybe some robotic stuff that is more integrated into the skin?

not sure.
Your creating something with a million details. where is your eye supposed to look. what are you supposed to see when you look at this head. why should i be looking at the front of the face when i can look at the back instead. why should it even be a head instead of a ground texture. Just because there is empty space doesn't mean it needs to be filled with details (details being busy "action" details), its hard to sell a head like this because you either gotta be famous and people don't care what it looks like only the name of the artist, or going for a VERY specific buyer or group of buyers.

As an exercise please post like 10 or 20 heads that you remember as being "top" realistic/horror/whatever and lets discuss and see why people think these heads are amazing.

bend can stop me if I'm going about this wrong.

Also I'm very biased towards what my definition of good is.
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
Your creating something with a million details. where is your eye supposed to look. what are you supposed to see when you look at this head. why should i be looking at the front of the face when i can look at the back instead. why should it even be a head instead of a ground texture. Just because there is empty space doesn't mean it needs to be filled with details (details being busy "action" details), its hard to sell a head like this because you either gotta be famous and people don't care what it looks like only the name of the artist, or going for a VERY specific buyer or group of buyers.

As an exercise please post like 10 or 20 heads that you remember as being "top" realistic/horror/whatever and lets discuss and see why people think these heads are amazing.

bend can stop me if I'm going about this wrong.

Also I'm very biased towards what my definition of good is.

Post what you think your top 10-20 heads would be
ok.. did the fourms delete some of the pictures off old threads in order to shrink the size?

or am i going crazy
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
ok.. did the fourms delete some of the pictures off old threads in order to shrink the size?

or am i going crazy

a lot images got fucked because a lot of people where using photo bucket and photobucket has destroyed all the image sharing abilities of free users recently, so a lot of those images just dont show up anymore

Ill post my top 20 soon
there is actually a whole bunch that i cant find, actually kind of disappointed. its like they got deleted anything before 2013.

missing a good Jebus one from right after i joined. missing a couple cool robotic ones from jsumi, maybe another vitek head. a couple good chris heads. another membrain head maybe. and probably 10 others im forgetting or cant find anymore.

tex

Oh wow we have totally different tastes:

Mine:

Heads by me that I like (not as much as the ones above, but I still enjoy looking at):

gross

ILL PROBABLY ADD MORE AS THEY COME TO MIND

(but yeah, I agree with your comments/criticism of my ideas/art)
Last edited by Veoo; Nov 25, 2017 at 03:02 AM.
so out of all of these heads besides a couple of them there is ONE main idea and then the supporting art is just enforcing the main idea. u add a couple 1-3 small details that build up the main idea to make it better but not take away from it.

This is extremely noticeable with co-lab heads where there are multiple people adding their own small details. then the whole head becomes small details and then basically you don't even have a head anymore. just a ground texture.

For example your 3 mouth heads where its "horror" or something. the first lighter colored one was a mouth as the main subject. Couple of scars as your small detail and then a brain in the back that imo could have been exicuted better but its ok.

Next your wip. I'd say that one is actually better than the one below it with all the lines running around. where am i supposed to look? on the wip i see eyes and teeth. k the eyes are white its kinda scary or whatever, and teeth, cool. maybe one or two small things to add. (and fix whatever is going on with the ears.) but the bottom head with all the lines where am i looking? I tend to look up his nose to that thing going up his forehead or else his teeth with the huge gums. how is a thing going up someone's forehead or teeth with gums scary??

Now lets go to jebus head with the wood on the back (that actually imo should be removed and 10x better.) We got white eyes (draw attention) white teeth (draws attention) and some scars and beard to support it. easy its done, stop adding useless details, just flesh out the existing ones.

idk WHY you like that head of mine its actually a FAIL and shoulda been a lot better but i gave up half way through. only reason why its public is because i was wearing it and someone wanted to buy it.

all my heads that i chose to like are because there is something in them that is really well done technically. ie. mrootz hair, vitek hair, jebus skin/expression, clockwork shading, piff mapping/lighting.
Last edited by 13chillz; Nov 25, 2017 at 03:45 AM.