Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Season 2
Greetings!
Season 2 is coming to Toribash!

Season 2 updates

There are two main changes we've prepared for this season: ranking tiers and forum ranking UI. Let's take a closer look at what's been changed:

Raw ELO system we used during Season 1 has been replaced with Ranking Tiers. As you can see on the image above, there are 5 tiers:

• Elo Hell
  • Bronze Tier
  • Silver Tier
  • Gold Tier
  • Platinum Tier

Ranking Tiers are displayed both in-game and on forum Ranking page. Top players who get to Gold or Platinum will also get their global ranking position displayed in addition to their tier.

In order to get a rank tier during Season 2, any player has to complete 10 qualification fights in ranked mode first. When the first 10 games are over you will get your primary rank tier - which can be Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on qualification fights' outcome. After that you can move up (or down) rank tiers by keeping playing in ranked mode. You will see chat notifications when approaching your next rank tier, and you will see an additional notification when you're about to play a qualification fight.

Forum Ranking UI update

Forum ranking view has undergone some major changes to work with the updated system. Finding other players' ranking stats has been made easier, you can now always see players ranked closest to you and more. See a more detailed breakdown below:

UI Breakdown

Rewards

Season 2's top players will receive the following prizes:

• Rank 1: 500K TC, Void+Superior Pack, unique 3D item set.
  • Rank 2: 400K TC, Demon+Demolition Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Rank 3: 300K TC, Pure+Elf Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Platinum Tier: Random Tier X Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Gold Tier: limited edition 3D item.

Season 2 end date is November 18th, 2017.
We have also added 50 TC boosters to Matchmaking that expire next Sunday.
Last edited by Fear; Nov 22, 2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: adjusted UI breakdown
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
From when I spoke with sir about how the new system about a month ago, he stated that Platinum rank would require an elo of 1700.00 or higher. This number might have changed, and I'm sure the rate in which you gain/lose elo is different than Season 1, but that should give you an idea of how difficult it will be to achieve Platinum.

My problem isn't that, it's the prize that's given out.
It should instead be a random pack from the tier that Magnetite is, not just 10 magnetite packs spammed out.
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
My problem isn't that, it's the prize that's given out.
It should instead be a random pack from the tier that Magnetite is, not just 10 magnetite packs spammed out.

Fair call, changed.
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
when the last match is over and it says you won/lost and you join another server you still lose elo ripdog

Don't see you losing big amounts of elo recently, when did that happen?
So just to get this straight I can't get to rank 1 then not play anymore and get the prize for first correct?
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
So just to get this straight I can't get to rank 1 then not play anymore and get the prize for first correct?

If you get like 2000 ELO, it's possible.
We decided to hide elo from public display for this season though, and will be adding ELO decay in September to punish inactive players.
Since we got tier system, I assume each tier has a certain percentage to get fought against another type, like Bronze tier could be much easier matched with another Bronze tier, ain't it ?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SOOO EXITEDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I DUNT HAVE TIME TO PLAYY TB ONLINEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BECOZ OF MA...LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ITS NOT HOLIDAY ANYMORREEEEEEEEEE
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
I WANNA PLAAAAAAAAY MULTIPLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ded~
I like the idea of this. The only problem that I have is my wifi issues so i ping alot ingame while matchmaking :[
<[Ae]reno> head is brain
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
I like the idea of this. The only problem that I have is my wifi issues so i ping alot ingame while matchmaking :[

You may actually do two things which could help you being more stable. It won't save you completely but it should be good enough to let you play:

1. Put your settings pretty low, put the particles and 3D items to 0.
2. Leave all programs who are working at the same time: Web Browser, others games or any other apps working above .
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
I suffered penalty "for leaving early" when the game ended..?

Apathetic User