Toribash
Or you could get rid of the tier system and create a ranking system where you have to beat other members in duels to rank up.
ngl, best idea youve had yet thronior
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
ngl, best idea youve had yet thronior

ngl, most intelligent thing you've posted yet RedPanda
thx
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
We should still keep a list of techniques, but with techniques organized in a different format than "tiers."
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
okay so going by that logic

strikes - snapkick, hook punch, elbow slash, knee, power cross, hook kick, kick check

throws (assuming this means all takedowns) - basic suplex, turnover, snap down, single leg, slam, half throw, proper suplex, double leg, footsweep, full throw, double wrap, hip throw, ankle pick, cross pick, pancake, overturn single, knee tap, single combo, hiza guruma, harai goshi, ouchi gari, osoto gari, uchi mata, seoi nage,

pin/ ground control - dynamic gripping, pin pressure, mounting/guarding, inverting, half guard, full guard, hip sweep, scissor sweep, armbar
-----
seems to be just a little heavy in that throw category don't you think?
-----
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
Or you could get rid of the tier system and create a ranking system where you have to beat other members in duels to rank up.

Besides that first part this is a good idea on its own but realistically it would be difficult to organize such a competition due to every's play schedule. I think you should know this being the host of "fite nite". (that's right I see your angle in this)
Last edited by footlox; Jun 25, 2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I don't understand why some tiers are inaccessible unless you complete the ones prior. I could smash out the judo tier and would have fun doing it. The others just don't interest me except maybe wrestling and jiu jitsu. I reckon players specific styles should be embraced.

But eh... either way it's no biggy, just my '2 cents'.
With a style break up in the tiers. we could have moves used in different applications or setups. or have each one be their own badge thing. so people can pursue what interested them and still see progress.
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
I don't understand why some tiers are inaccessible unless you complete the ones prior. I could smash out the judo tier and would have fun doing it. The others just don't interest me except maybe wrestling and jiu jitsu. I reckon players specific styles should be embraced.

But eh... either way it's no biggy, just my '2 cents'.

If you only do the Tiers that you "enjoy" then you're not really developing any new skill. And really if you are able to tackle the advanced tiers than the ones before that really should be no problem. Remember Tiers was designed for a learning path for novice players but also a challenge for the elite.
You can't reach the top of the pyramid with out stepping on the first stone.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists