Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Season 2
Greetings!
Season 2 is coming to Toribash!

Season 2 updates

There are two main changes we've prepared for this season: ranking tiers and forum ranking UI. Let's take a closer look at what's been changed:

Raw ELO system we used during Season 1 has been replaced with Ranking Tiers. As you can see on the image above, there are 5 tiers:

• Elo Hell
  • Bronze Tier
  • Silver Tier
  • Gold Tier
  • Platinum Tier

Ranking Tiers are displayed both in-game and on forum Ranking page. Top players who get to Gold or Platinum will also get their global ranking position displayed in addition to their tier.

In order to get a rank tier during Season 2, any player has to complete 10 qualification fights in ranked mode first. When the first 10 games are over you will get your primary rank tier - which can be Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on qualification fights' outcome. After that you can move up (or down) rank tiers by keeping playing in ranked mode. You will see chat notifications when approaching your next rank tier, and you will see an additional notification when you're about to play a qualification fight.

Forum Ranking UI update

Forum ranking view has undergone some major changes to work with the updated system. Finding other players' ranking stats has been made easier, you can now always see players ranked closest to you and more. See a more detailed breakdown below:

UI Breakdown

Rewards

Season 2's top players will receive the following prizes:

• Rank 1: 500K TC, Void+Superior Pack, unique 3D item set.
  • Rank 2: 400K TC, Demon+Demolition Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Rank 3: 300K TC, Pure+Elf Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Platinum Tier: Random Tier X Pack, limited edition 3D item set.
  • Gold Tier: limited edition 3D item.

Season 2 end date is November 18th, 2017.
We have also added 50 TC boosters to Matchmaking that expire next Sunday.
Last edited by Fear; Nov 22, 2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: adjusted UI breakdown
Dillan maybe you're just not good at the game I will agree kickaikido is a terrible mod though, you should of just made it Rk-mma.

I still don't understand why reta's opinion on anything gameplay wise still matters, i'm not sure what else was his idea but it's probably been something i've hated as well. Hell i'd do a better job at it
Sorry but the mod won the Voting against fucking tk ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Originally Posted by Reta View Post

nobody likes tk -_-
shoulda gave more options -_-
Originally Posted by Reta View Post

Was the decision done solely based on poll results, or was that merely taken into consideration when making the final decision? I can't imagine kickapoofixed getting selected over taekkyon, or wushu3dome getting chosen over literally any of the other two striking mods for the first rotation. I'm not asking this out of criticism for the mods chosen, but the results of the poll don't seem in line with the general consensus of players who voiced their opinions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Was the decision done solely based on poll results, or was that merely taken into consideration when making the final decision? I can't imagine kickapoofixed getting selected over taekkyon, or wushu3dome getting chosen over literally any of the other two striking mods for the first rotation. I'm not asking this out of criticism for the mods chosen, but the results of the poll don't seem in line with the general consensus of players who voiced their opinions.

It was not, but poll results were taken into consideration when making the final choice. We wanted to use some fresh mods for ranking this season, kickapoofixed was the best and most polished mod of what we've seen in the recent months.

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Reta, a player who is not good at the game or ever made a successful mod, makes a shitty kicking mod, the mod gets into matchmaking automatically.

The fact that it was created by a staff member didn't have any impact on the selection process as Reta wasn't involved in picking kicking mods. I'd also like to point out that barely anyone in the community except for Event Squad's mod team make new mods now and they're part of a staff group too. You also don't need to be exceptionally good at the game to make a successful mod, what you need is understand game mechanics and have good players playtest it to see if there are any weak points about it.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
It's like you noticed how happy people were when matchmaking was done with good mods.
Then you guys said as a collective
"My god, we forgot that listening to the players sucks, lets keep circle jerking staff mods, that has worked so much better always!"

I'm sorry but you'll be only happy if we use abd + erthtk all the time. That's not going to happen. There is a reason why Season prizes are that expensive, and we want to only give them to players who are good at all play styles, not just 3 mainstream mods. We aren't including any mods with extreme body modifications or weird gamerules, so if you are good at a buggy erthtkv2 you should be alright in kickapoofixed and any other mod that's going to be used during Season 2.
You don't even play ranked much, why complain all the time?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
I know better than the active playerbase

Again, every single comment is "the fuck is kickapoo" or "kickapoo is shit"
But somehow still you are saying that you are doing it right. Almost everyone was excited when the mods were abd erthtk lenshu, read the comments.

Its like you are too far up your own ass to read feedback and decide to only do things your own way. Read the fucking thread for once mmmmkay?
You don't know shit about what it means to be good at this game, so don't pretend to be the authority in it.
How about you just let the actual players decide what constitutes a good TB player?

Hint: pretty much everyone thinks the best players are those, who are good at abd lenshu erthtk rk-mma boxshu
Last edited by cowmeat; Aug 29, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
There is a reason why Season prizes are that expensive, and we want to only give them to players who are good at all play styles, not just 3 mainstream mods. We aren't including any mods with extreme body modifications or weird gamerules, so if you are good at a buggy erthtkv2 you should be alright in kickapoofixed and any other mod that's going to be used during Season 2.
You don't even play ranked much, why complain all the time?

I totally agree with you in that ranked mods should encourage learning different styles. However, mods chosen for matchmaking should be enjoyable for all players, not to justify the high prizes for the top ranked players.
My only concern is that kickapoo is not very intuitive. This mod isn't something that you can learn after just a few rounds. If I didn't read Reta's thread explaining the mod, I would have never been able to figure out key mod features that, had I not known prior, would put me at a severe advantage against someone who did. It strays so far away from any other kicking mod, that it is frustrating for anyone who didn't go out of their way to Google "kickapoo Toribash."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]