Toribash
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
she is kissing!

is she? :O
It's a head that was in progress before this thread even started.

I might gonna try to make another one fitting the request if I got the time.

Wanted to try this texture preview thing

I started something. Its been a while since I made one of these though so it looks messed up.

Let me know if its worth salvaging.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm not at my best. I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left.
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post

Wanted to try this texture preview thing

I started something. Its been a while since I made one of these though so it looks messed up.

Let me know if its worth salvaging.

I love the detail also the warpaint looks amazing!
Ears are great too but id more like it without ears and chin.
The over all package of the face makes it look too masculine though.
Not realy what i am looking after, you could turn it into a great head yes, but this as i said looks too masculine.
Also what i noticed over watching your art, your tips of the noses sometimes alongside the nostrils turn thick. This one is that case for example. A little bit smaller would make it look alot better imo. But as you said its been a while since you made one of these its however realy a good job still! Not completely what i am looking after i am sorry.

Now not request related:
If you made the head more masculine added some neat features and maybe even some cool earrings on the top of the ear i bet it would look immense and people would f**king jump all over it. But just as an idea for you. :P

For the Request Update:

I saw some of vanishs WIP's and i have to say i realy enjoy the positioning of the face itself and that he has a clean sharp but also a decently shaded face. The mapping itself is good. However the shadows near the nose make it appear a bit odd. The hair, as we talked vanish isnt your purest work by the mapping, but imo, you can draw hair well! Just the positioning of it is something you need to work on

Dengues sketch is cool! A bit more hair above the eyes, no chin, smaller nose as i said and it sure would look alot more like the head i am searching for! You included ears even though i wouldnt realy put an eye too much on ears but rather on the hair being great. But as it seems it might work out with what you are planning there ( i see it ! the hair next to the ear ). As always your mapping is GREAT! Exactly how it should be. Since it is a sketch however, i can not tell much about it but it seems good the way you are planning it to be!

As i saw Maria's WIP's, i have to say, maria has realy talent in making the hair amazingly good. Also i enjoy the mapping and positioning of the eyes, hair and warpaint. Even though you told me that are "early WIP's" and that i will be blown away by the finished work i already am blown away just by the WIP's. I also love the way of your color combinations. Realy can not say any flaws about your WIP's right now. For me you are currently the one with the most amazing WIP's , more likely my current favorite! Lets see how the rest of the head turns out since there is still some stuff to do until its finished ;)

Now that i updated you with my thoughts on the heads, you are free to either jump off, or continue your work on own caution. I can only chose one head to pay off. However if you actualy pull it off and finish the heads and i didnt chose yours whoever you are, do not worry, i feel like if the head deserves to be bought anyways, im going to make you an offer depending on the quality. Maybe not up to 500k like the one i decided for, but a fair amount figured out so both me and you might end up happy. Also ofcourse you are free to put it up for auction afterwards instead of selling to me since youre the artist and its YOUR head :'D

Also:
Since some people already got curious: No, this is not a "ill stop when i dont want anymore" kind of bullshit request. I admire art and i admire even more the artists putting their time into bringing it alive. Which is why i would never make this kind of cuck move. It is just something you shouldnt be allowed to do. So YES, i will chose one head when i get the finished versions!

With that being said, take your time, it does not need to be done until tomorrow or anything. Also real life is important i understand it and good art takes time. If you hurry it will neither end up good for you nor for me since you wont get the quality you want to deliver me and vice versa :P Art needs patience and joy, i hope you are having fun working on this request.

Dont forget to sleep :'D
~Cobruh
Last edited by Cobra; Mar 6, 2018 at 11:43 PM.
Here is a very rough WIP.

I just threw the hair color on to make it more obvious. The final version will be much much more refined. I typically make uglier things, so I'm not to sure about the proportions.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
Here is a very rough WIP.

I just threw the hair color on to make it more obvious. The final version will be much much more refined. I typically make uglier things, so I'm not to sure about the proportions.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Hahaha membrain, i know you make "uglier" things, in form of horror heads.
Jokes aside, i believe if you dont do too many proportions but instead concentrate on a cleaner look of the skin and shading it sure works out well.

Ok so what i think about it is i like the way you made the expression work out. As i said to the others if you put the eyebrows too much vertical it looks too evil instead of focused. So you did great on that :P

The nose is also great just if you could try making it a bit more thin would be better i believe.

Also the mouth looks very well in size and shape. Just whatever youre planning under the mouth (looks like a chin). Please dont.

Seems like a great sketch! Can't wait to see what you create out of it
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
expecting high from artists here.

I love artistic challenges.... even better with such skilled and diverse opponents
Here is where I'm at now:

WIP #2

I've got more to do to the face, but I want to get the features right before I finish that. The hair is far from finished and I'm probably going to completely start over on it. The war paint is not final yet either.

For some reason when you said no chin I misinterpreted as no jaw line. Whoops!

Anything can be changed!

Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
Here is where I'm at now:

WIP #2

I've got more to do to the face, but I want to get the features right before I finish that. The hair is far from finished and I'm probably going to completely start over on it. The war paint is not final yet either.

For some reason when you said no chin I misinterpreted as no jaw line. Whoops!

Anything can be changed!

Now that looks good yea the no chin makes it look cleaner and nicer in my mind.
The only flaw im currently seeing in the progress is the eyes, they seem bigger than in the sketch. Other than that its nice also the smaller nose looks better! Good job membrain am curious about what you will turn the hair into