Toribash
Original Post
You're Incentive.
I want to know your incentive behind doing art. Why? Because most of the GATA artist don't do it for toribash related items or tc.

So what would it take for you to make a full texture set again?

For me, my incentive is if i can find a good reference image i like, i might try to turn it into a head. If i like the head i might try to turn it into a set and to be honest it's not all that bad once you get started.

If you don't believe me: Wone, Tou, Thray

I started with the left leg texture and worked my way up. This set was done in about a week or so and i just finished it a few days ago before my pc started being a dick.
I still have to finish the torso and feet, but yeah.

Yeah, this was a request and i got paid for it, but i really enjoyed making it and seeing it all come together.

I mean, i am probably one of the laziest artist out of most of you and i was able to pull myself together and do a set. So you guys should be able to too, you just need to find that incentive.
Aka jusmi.
time and availability
inspiration/good resource
other artists excelling
exciting concept
i try to get better everytime i do something, which often leads to me burning out
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
time and availability
inspiration/good resource
other artists excelling
exciting concept
i try to get better everytime i do something, which often leads to me burning out

That is the main reason.

another reason would be that i can't get mah tablet working properly
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
I will probably never make a full set ever again. But it would be fun to do something else. If anyone wants to make a 3d animation/model, flash animation, game collab or anything like that I'm always interested.
A small white room. A computer. GIMP. And nothing besides that there.

Oh, and gobbidy-gobs of time. Mostly the time.

I already have the idea for a good set based on the nanosuit.

Another thing that makes sets hard is that I find that my shading starts to change as I keep working along. So to make an even looking set would require a steplike process where every texture is updated at the same pace.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Another thing that makes sets hard is that I find that my shading starts to change as I keep working along.

understatement of the year, you take so long on a single head that your style changes 3 times befor you get done :P
if you ever try doing a full set, you'd end up doing vectors and tribals by the time you finish the legs
Last edited by BenDover; Oct 30, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
trying to learn new techniques. I found my old bamboo recently and decided I was tired of logotypes and wanted to try my hand at traditional art and sketching, which I
typically do reasonably well on pen and paper but haven't tried digitally

this is an homage to miles davis' Bitches Brew, one of my favorite albums of all the times

back from the dead
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
That is the main reason.

another reason would be that i can't get mah tablet working properly

at least you have a tablet... im doing everything by touchpad (a freaking small one)
i'm in it for the cash

no, but art is fun and a great way to pass time for me

when i see a great piece of art it makes me want to one-up it

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth