ES Recruitment Drive
Still boring, gm's aren't personable and there are no fun touches.

Also they like, never happen, so that's a problem. If you went back to requiring each gm host a certain number of events you'd see way better appreciation.
-----
This attitude is one of the main problems:

Originally Posted by Overly Defensive Powas
As always, prizesaretooshitty faggotry. Eh.
Prizes won't get better, it'd ruin the economy once again - that's what tc tourneys back then did. Nevertheless, I usually give out decent item prizes, worth up to 10k for 'seriousmod' tourneys and 5k for 'funmod' ones - you can't really expect more for katanajoust or shovelfighters.

As for the mood of tourneys, it depends on players - if they don't want to talk and interact, I can't really help it.
Rules: I don't feel I'm too strict, warn/mute/kickban method usually works pretty well - I don't bother with warning OMGLOLOLOLFAGSHITNIG guys, tho - that's no use, there goes instamute.

Speaking 'bout rules and so on - 90% of players don't pay attention to introduction in which I cover everything, from prizes to pingtimeouts. So yes, I will call you an idiot if I answered the question about 'omg powas I pinged, what do' or 'plz i pinged put back plz' several times and you still don't get it (note: it is usually '/whisper me with your former position' rule).

Another thing, you are really impatient and usually follow following logic - 'if GM doesn't reply to my questions I must spam him/chat with same question 30 times more'.
If I don't respond right away it usually means I'm dealing with /whispers - I know how to extend chatlines and pageup, your question won't be ignored.

Last edited by Boredpayne; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Tarlan View Post
@oofun4: We already have that kind of tourney just weren't host it cause of bank restock and other problems. Be vigilant we are about to bring it back ;)

About the bank restock . I still didnt hear any opinions from high rank to make an infinity stock of items .... That is totally can be fair for the word random.
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
I'm still a bit confused on the prizes thing. You guys are asking for prizes averagely ranging between 3k and 10k (even more, a 3k-ish worth item is sometimes considered a "bad" prize as far as I've heard from the participants).

Supposing the tourney has 22 participants, that means the winner plays 5 matches (give or take 1). Do you guys really think 5 matches are worth a high value item? That's just putting it in a very simple way.

Even though you do get high value items in some occasions, that doesn't mean you should be expecting that prize every single tourney.
I'd be more than pleased to give out a high value item/TC amount to winners from my own pocket, hell even to participants who lost if that pleases them, but sadly that's not always possible (and yeah, we've actually done that before).

When I was a normal member playing in GMtourneys, I used to get the exact same valued prizes, and they were more than enough.
GMtourneys' goal is not to enrich the winner, it's to actually get a wide number of players in one server and let them have fun, isn't that what the whole point of the game is about?

If you don't go out of a tourney saying "well, that was fun" then let us know, at least we'll know that we should improve our hosting methods.
Last edited by EJM; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Even though you do get high value items in some occasions, that doesn't mean you should be expecting that prize every single tourney.

Mhm |=
That's why GMtournies should be TC again.
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
Mhm |=
That's why GMtournies should be TC again.

And again we can go back to the point that there is too much tc in the economy.

As we've said multiple times there is nothing we can do about the prizes.
Next time someone talk about it, I'll make sure to bold and underline it.

._.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
How about a counter, counting GMTourney wins, that would take eyes off the actual prize.
(add achievement?)

Major thing which is boring with GMT (and a major problem with tb itself) is all the waiting. I have an idea for that, i will put it into the suggestions box soon.(\/)
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...12#post6205612
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Well I don't play Gmtourneys mostly because of the waiting, the useless spams and the mods.

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
Hey guys, been getting some messages that people find GMTournies boring. Would like to know your ideas on how to spice things up

1: Maybe changing mods that peps don't know with variations so that the fights would be interesting to watch.

2: As for the waiting, well if you guys dont want to try new mods at least you could lower the reaction time to make it faster and interesting to see how peps play with pressure.

3: I thought it would be nice to have some smart talk once in a while and not the same speed spam chat, but Im not sure how you guys could do this.

4: Also change the Gm's that host the tourneys from time to time and see how the players react. What whey like and dont like during the tourney, idk.

About the Gm's and how they behave can be very subjective. I like chill guys that you can have a nice talk with, like erth for example.

Sorry for bad English.
[ORMO] [OLDA] [The Team] [The JHX Experience]
Good day Dr. Freud
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
And again we can go back to the point that there is too much tc in the economy.

As we've said multiple times there is nothing we can do about the prizes.
Next time someone talk about it, I'll make sure to bold and underline it.

._.

._.
I remember also one more thing , us the player complaining about behaviors like those , being coarse >:
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
._.
I remember also one more thing , us the player complaining about behaviors like those , being coarse >:

I'm more than happy to listen complaints of behavior surrounding gm's (more Uric and Thorn's area), but a lot of the time it seems that the gm is actually just being formal.

I was discussing this with someone the other day actually, I won't drop any names, just in case he wanted the conversation to remain private; but basically a lot of the times I found the gm just be using the appropriate level of professionalism associated with being a staff member.
While we are - if you want to look at it this way - the "lowest" level of staff, we still need to maintain some degree of formality.
Which is what I'm doing in this thread (As I say, can't speak for all of the gm's :P).

Also Largekilla:
Some good points, the first one about the slightly varied mods is something that's come up previously.
Will be looking into that ;p
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.