Toribash
Original Post
Language Packs for Toribash
SELF-MADE LANGUAGE PACKS
It would be good if they added more language packs to Toribash. So me and Lotramus had an idea to make a library of language packs free to download

We want other guys to make their own language packs and post it here. I made the Hungarian one, maybe Lotramus will make the Czech one (maybe Spanish and German too). So feel free to make your own language pack and post it here

How to do:

How it looks ingame:

Tell me what you think

German translation:
german (-,-,-,-)- by Lotramus.txt <-- data/language
fight_uke_v01.lua <-- data/script/tutorial
tutorial6.lua <-- data/script/tutorial

TURKISH TANSLATION:
Turkish IBlackleon.txt <-- data/language

My self-made language pack(hungarian):
magyar.txt
Last edited by DharMahn; Feb 3, 2015 at 04:47 PM.
I think we don't really need to change language, you can understand Toribash with the most basic english. There are only a few things written ingame, and they aren't complex at all.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
I think we don't really need to change language, you can understand Toribash with the most basic english. There are only a few things written ingame, and they aren't complex at all.

the feature to change language is already there, creating your own text file is really easy, if anyone wants to make his own language pack, then why not.
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
the feature to change language is already there, creating your own text file is really easy, if anyone wants to make his own language pack, then why not.

He said "tell me what you think", and i said what i think. I don't consider it helpful. I didn't said anything to stop them or something like this. If they make their own packs, they can do as they want.
but the mods wont make language files like... hungarian for example, so i decided to make it...
So we can make the translations and than publish them under a thread. I can make the Turkish one ^^
Leon The Black
The issue is, we can't really verify the translation if there are no staff members (or old trusted players) who speak that language. Though if there's enough people from your country around who can check the translation and confirm it's good I see no problem with adding it to future versions of the game.
Translations for tutorials can be done too, though they're now hardcoded in the scripts and there are no separate language files. If you need though, I can make some template files for them too.
okay make the turkish one good!
-----
and I can translate the tutorials too, but its hard cuz it looks like a big piece of random stuff, but I can do it (I think... 99,69% sure).
Last edited by DharMahn; Jan 31, 2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post

-So why did they even add languages in the first place? It's simply helpful and gets more players.
Here are examples that nobody from my country could understand/translate at first glance:
Ray Tracing = Zobrazení Paprsků and Ambient Occlusion = Okolní Vstřebávání.

Dhar: I have finally finished the German one which will be shortly followed by the tutorial in German.

Sir: Is there any way to fix the font when special characters are used?
á, č, ď, é, ě, í, ň, ó, ř, š, ť, ú, ů, ý, ž - In Czech
ü, ä, ö, ß - in German
Attached Files
german - by Lotramus.txt (5.6 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Lotramus; Jan 31, 2015 at 08:59 PM.
Sir: Is there any way to fix the font when special characters are used?
á, č, ď, é, ě, í, ň, ó, ř, š, ť, ú, ů, ý, ž - In Czech
ü, ä, ö, ß - in German

Most of them are already in the font we use (at least all characters used in German should be there, not sure about Czech "č"-like symbols), but I can add the missing ones too. Would require an exe update though so that it supported them, but that wouldn't be a problem.