people playing: 20, servers online: 8, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

Toribash Community » Clans » Organiζations
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #131
Tsuion

6th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Parrot

Originally Posted by Micah View Post
your setup was wrong, youre leaning back to much you need to lean forward so that when you launch into the air you will have enough weight so that your tori does not follow the backward moment that is created which is what keeps causing you to back flip

Correct

Incorrect

-----
notice how chills hips drop as he rotates, while your own continue upwards because you are not leaning correctly

its also worth noting that not everything has to happen at once

there can be a step process to this kind’ve movement. generally speaking when you are trying to do this its comparable to hopping to other foot and then executing whatever is next

p.s. should probably clarify that you dont have to exactly copy this. when he says “correct” and “incorrect” it is purely about the right and wrong movement/timing, not the right and wrong [insert arbitrary toribash term here].

everything is situational and a setup that works in one situation will not always work in another. all cnc is suggestive and not something you have to obsess over
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Tsuion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #132
Haku
ナンクルナイサ

Nyanja Belt

my formal app

Request: Student Membership
Name: Haku
Languages: English and Portuguese
2 Replays of your spars:
Attached Files
File Type: rpl Nuja vs haku 2.rpl (717.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: rpl Nujabes vs Haku.rpl (824.9 KB, 6 views)
Never inactive, just slow sometimes.

<[TANG]DesiTwist> It was like I stabbed someone with my cock
<[TANG]DesiTwist> Yes, I've fucked everywhere, Call me globalsexual

Haku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #133
Marrez
Elitist

Master Belt

you have my formal welcome aboard, Haku!

I apologize again for the activity lately, hopefully i'll get to kick things up a notch within this week
m a r d o l a r d o
Join RSO!
Marrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #134
tlclay
Help Squad

Master Belt
Clan: Budo

Hmmmmmm
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
tlclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #135
Lionet

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

@Haku: welcome aboard o/ (even though I'm hella late), love to have you around

@Diamond: well, well. Sorry for being so goddamn late but I'll cnc your stuff, sorry about the late.

alison: all of your movements in this spar were mostly extremely exaggerated and uncontrolled. Often you get into positions where your joints are overextended, if I were to compare your movements to someone singing I would say you are screaming, everything is too noticeable. That pointed I think is important to note that, even so, your movements are not bad. Using grabs and your "audacious" style truly calls my attention in a good way, I love it. Never afraid of hitting and always going towards the duel (just be careful if your partner, if he is your partner, is okay with that).
The dodging was stylish too and your hits powerful; lacks on speed and balance recover due to the overextended momentum.

alison2: now this, this is amazing! Just like before you never hesitates going forward the opponent and smash him, plentiful of contact fight and still the realism was maintained to its style. You fight like a madman! I loved your launch and how you don't feel pity towards him, always punishing his flaws and fighting back everytime he tries something.
Just try not turning you back to your enemy too much as you did at the final parts.

alison5: Here you have more controlled and smooth movement. Everything here is great and you followed up with your partner (?) pretty well in this one. In spite of this replay simplicity it was well done.
As negatives, avoid raising your arms too much, seriously, you did it too often

alison6: this replay has 2 issues cited before, the arm thing and the clumsy/"loud" movements. Looks like you payed a lot more of attention to the fight in this spar. Often responding well to your opponent's movements and intentions.

alison7: this is different... I don't know what you did at first but I love your flip dodge jump thing, crazy, but awesome! This punch was also one of the most beautiful powerful hits I've ever seen!

You kinda started goofing around after this, though. The next move was slow and executed in a weird position. You started doing some movements probably classifiable as dancing moves and went all gypsy or something.
Looks like you trolled this spar but I can't say it doesn't look like a fight in the slightest, and the ending itself was just as good as your previous ones so, it's still quite enjoyable.

I think that's pretty much it, you fighting is great and your style pleases me a lot. Try giving your movements more consistency and control. Know what to do and how long your moves should last etc etc

any specific point to help you out (if possible), just hit me up

also hit me up if you want to join RSO discord server (in case you haven't yet)

sorry about the lazy cnc too, but I am tired today ~~
Lionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #136
Marrez
Elitist

Master Belt

that tori basic training event looks cute
m a r d o l a r d o
Join RSO!
Old 1 Week Ago   #137
Lionet

2nd Dan Black Belt

discord dead

recent sparring matches
Attached Files
File Type: rpl morten sparring with zibril.rpl (530.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: rpl sparring kurokaen v2.rpl (602.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: tbm morten.tbm (17.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 1 Week Ago   #138
Zibril

Blue Belt

app yo!
morten.tbm is in Lionet's post
Attached Files
File Type: rpl spar 1.rpl (384.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: rpl spar 2.rpl (444.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: rpl spar 3.rpl (552.7 KB, 1 views)
Zibril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #139
Marrez
Elitist

Master Belt

hey guys

this is like, what, my 6th apology so far about my lack of activity?

stick around, i know we're a little dormant rn, but i've got things planned for the org

i've just also got a bunch of real life shit going on so lol
m a r d o l a r d o
Join RSO!
Old 5 Days Ago   #140
Lionet

2nd Dan Black Belt

I'll be here if anything, Marrez. I'll be contacting and will hit you up if things happen

also, don't sweat about it, we can completely understand your reasons and there's nothing wrong about it.

Even though I can't moderate this thread I'm an admin in our discord so I think I should be able to set things right if needed, but I will always let you know what's happening through discord, of course