Toribash
Original Post
"Downloading for Personal Use" Legalized in Switzerland
After a report was conducted in Switzerland as to the damage of Piracy, they have since removed some laws against piracy - As long as the user doesn't make money from it, it is legal.

Read more here:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...fter_new_study
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Switz...l-238126.shtml
etc.

So, what do you think of the steps they have taken? How will the Corporations react? Will other countries follow suit (unlikely)? Will you move to Switzerland for this legal breathing space?
[19:32] <@darilu-kun> tori = furry, bash = pride
i´m feeling so fooled being next to that country and not enjoying its benefits /offtop

I will not move to switzerland since they got a very strong (even stronger than ours[austrian]) islamophobic movement ongoing ...
Hm i strongly support those chages and i am hoping to see stuff like this in EU countries too even if its unlikely to happen...
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
Ahhh damn why switzerland so baws?
I think its a stupid thing to legalize piracy but hell i wouldn't mind if they did that in sweden.
Iznogod you lucky sonofabitch!
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
Honestly, i think that is unfair to big time movie corporations; however the situation is to huge to handle. I mean most people download movies/music etc for there personal use and lend it to people for free. The amount of people that actually venture for profit do usually get caught. To legalise it in one country means others will follow. Regardless there will be a select few who ruin it and begin selling pirated copies.
I'm Naturally a Ginger and Just a heads up; you play with fire, expect to burned

My Video; By Hours

Originally Posted by macca1245 View Post
Honestly, i think that is unfair to big time movie corporations; however the situation is to huge to handle. I mean most people download movies/music etc for there personal use and lend it to people for free. The amount of people that actually venture for profit do usually get caught. To legalise it in one country means others will follow. Regardless there will be a select few who ruin it and begin selling pirated copies.

its not like hollywood makes tons of money... big movie corporations dont lack of money and the money they want for watching their movies and buying their dvd´s is ridiculous
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
I think it's a bit unfair to the other countries and to the guys who make this stuff, because they earn money with this and lets say the other countries follow switzerland in this, the people who make this stuff doesnt earn money so i think its realy unfair

and my last words i hope u did understand this and my english
Well it's not like I see people getting hauled off to court for non-commercial piracy in my country anyway. I give Switzerland the thumbs up.
Also they could potentially make money off better internet connection sales/data cap breeches because of the new legality of piracy :P

As for the big corporations, I wouldn't be surprised if they all threw a tantrum over "losing" money.
does that mean we get to talk about warez now?
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
People have been pirating for a bit over a decade. Many people seem to talk about it as though it's something new that's just started. No. It's just becoming more popular. However, it causes far fewer problems than the governments of various countries would want their people to believe.
After all, would you rather have someone download a few movies, or break into a store and steal the hard copy? (Not sure where I was going with that.. Smoked too much.)
Anyway, Switzerland is smart. They're on the right track. Think about it: who tends to pirate? Often times, teenagers download their favorites albums off the internet, and occasionally the DVD or two. Shit, even my teachers admit to it. He pirated a copy of "Pearl Harbor" for the class to watch. Now, if someone goes out there, pirates, and resells their stolen data, that's one thing. Some kid dropping by *****.com and grabbing a few songs? Seriously. If he had the money in the first place, he wouldn't pirate it. Fining him or holding him accountable is just going to rack up fines that will never be paid and perhaps put more people in prisons who, frankly, don't need to be there. (Because I'm sure some countries arrest even small-time pirates.)
Anyway, that's all for my rant.
Move to Switzerland? No.
Do I think other countries will follow suit? Only a few.
Do I wish mine would? Of course.
On one side I'm pretty happy that I find a lot of things for free on the internet. But then my reason says: "Those people worked on that. Of course they want to be payed.", often it doesn't shout loud enough though. It's just that I can't afford all those things, it's easy to get them and the chance of getting punished is pretty low. There's this image:

I think it tells the truth. If stealing was as easy as pirating we'd be pretty much screwed.
So I think it should not be allowed (well, the main problem is that it should be way harder to get away with it) but then again I'm happy that it is not. I feel like a shizo.
Signature temporarily out of order.