Toribash
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
most education is incredibly biased. almost every subject of study is taught with a predetermined moral or political position, leaving no space for the students' interpretation. this results in teachers emphasizing on how governments are "evil" and on how we should all fight them, using a few examples of when it worked in the past.

i think i should give my location to provide more information behind my stance
australia

i don't think it's from the education system, parents are probably one of the biggest influences in children. if the parents disagree with the two-party government system or dislike both candidates, senates, houses, etc, the parents will tell their views to their kids and those kids will adopt those likes/dislikes. my parents for example, disliked julia gillard and almost fed me information to the point of propaganda, even though i know this i still have the same opinion as them (for the most part).

i'm in highschool right now (year 11, graduate next year) and i do economics, which is probably the most political subject you can do (at least at my school) and i've had no biased information taught to me whatsoever. if anything, it teaches you about all the factors of government's decisions and helps you develop your own opinion.

of course this is all through my experience, i cant speak for some american across the globe.