Ranking
Original Post
[TEX] A New artist looking for some help with textures
Hey guys! Im new to texturing , just started as I got a wacom tablet.
This is my first EVER head texture and I would appreciate any useful tips, feedback or tricks.
I use paint tool Sai
Wacom Intuos 4
If you need any extra details please ask.

Ps , ofc the green marks arent supposed to be there , they're water marks.

Also if anyone wants to buy this Ill sell for 1000 tc. This is Art board. Not Art/Texture Market board. Also I added a tag for you. ~Chris
Attached Images
Last edited by Chris; Oct 22, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
Dubsteppin' Up my game!
I am Soulzzz, Proud member of Origin
It's a good start try to go for more details around the eyes and hair. For example add light reflection.
Last edited by HammyBank; Oct 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Thanks , how would you recommend doing that , as in with what tool?
Dubsteppin' Up my game!
You should try adding shadows. You just add some black color with a lot of opacity.
Texturer KnC Member Me
Originally Posted by jjojjo View Post
You should try adding shadows. You just add some black color with a lot of opacity.

thats what most people think... take the base skin colors make it a bit darker lower the opacity to like 10% or lower its what you prefeer and shade using logical light like the light source hits the hair from top then there must be a shadow under them but wont be too strong also proper mapping isnt bad this whole idiea is kinda common but excused really nice i see that you got some skills use them in the right direction and you got this PM me if you need other help
What program should i use? Im also just starting out and i dont know what is the best free program
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Gimp is a program I used to use alot and that I still like alot, also it's free and might be just what you need. For the eyes try add white little dots with a different opacity.
biggest tip i can give you is to just keep drawing, if you're using a tablet, then just draw anything and everything. learn and experiment.
failing isnt an issue, the more you fail the more you learn. mess around and figure out what you're doing wrong, then work on that.
watch tutorials on youtube if you need help.
compare your work to other peoples textures, see how other people do things etc.

your texture isnt great, but thats to be expected, just keep drawing.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Mapping is one of the main things when making textures for toribash,
you should start there for that case, as your mapping for this head looks
... Not that great. But as for drawing in general, like Ben said, just draw
more and more. Get used to your table, trace things to learn how to control
it, try placing it in different positions to find what's more comfortable for you,
and overall, just use it more and draw more.

Use this template for mapping.

The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Wow , I appreciate you guys help thanks a bunch , ill post a new tex later today after school!
Dubsteppin' Up my game!