Ranking
Originally Posted by TheDog96 View Post
Not yet. I'm looking at a 400k value. Probably I'll do some betting with my 10k I have now.

Can you consistently increase your tc with betting?
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
I got from 9,5k to 10,6k yesterday. I made some profit and I lost some. But it's good for 1 day.

If I have enough patience to see the right bet opportunities, I can make money. My first 100k for my old set (which I sold) was made through betting.
> Piratez
I got from 9,5k to 10,6k yesterday. I made some profit and I lost some. But it's good for 1 day.

If I have enough patience to see the right bet opportunities, I can make money. My first 100k for my old set (which I sold) was made through betting.

That's pretty good mate.

Yeah, definitely. I don't think I have the eye for betting. I'm sure I'd totally blow it all. Do you ever set limits for yourself?
Me? Limits? I don't kinda know what you mean here. Explain more.

Also I lost my money at bets because I was betting on a tilt.
> Piratez
Me? Limits? I don't kinda know what you mean here. Explain more.

Also I lost my money at bets because I was betting on a tilt.

Heh. ><

Also, what's a tilt?
Originally Posted by rappunk23 View Post
... what's a tilt?

I use this term since a lot of people use it in League of Legends. Its a state of mind where you tend to get more and more mad which makes you not think straight. I don't know if I explained this well, but let me give you 2 examples:

1. Lets say you get mad because you lost at a match and you start another one by being already mad. You see it not going very well and you're getting even more mad because you think you'll lose your game, which actually makes you lose your game, and the process repeats itself.

2. As for toribash betting, I refered to tilting in bets as this: I lost a 2k bet on a guy and then got mad, which made me bet 5k the next round (even if it wasn't necesarry) and I ended up losing my bet because I didn't think it straight. Now I have lost 7k total and I'm thinking I have to bet 10k just because I need my money back. Get it ?
> Piratez
Basically put an even higher bet after a lost to get back the amount you previously have before.
It's definitely a risky move but actually a good one to win more if you know the chances, you simply have to play it right. A higher bet doesn't mean its harder to win, y'know, gambler's fallacy.
Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
I'm not fond of gambling, the last time I put a bet I lost $20 against a friend.

I'm the same way. I mean, I certainly do take risks with my life, but I'm not fond of gambling in the commonly understood sense.

I use this term since a lot of people use it in League of Legends. Its a state of mind where you tend to get more and more mad which makes you not think straight. I don't know if I explained this well, but let me give you 2 examples:

1. Lets say you get mad because you lost at a match and you start another one by being already mad. You see it not going very well and you're getting even more mad because you think you'll lose your game, which actually makes you lose your game, and the process repeats itself.

2. As for toribash betting, I refered to tilting in bets as this: I lost a 2k bet on a guy and then got mad, which made me bet 5k the next round (even if it wasn't necesarry) and I ended up losing my bet because I didn't think it straight. Now I have lost 7k total and I'm thinking I have to bet 10k just because I need my money back. Get it ?

Yeah mate, that makes perfect sense. I really do my best to avoid that because my god, it leads you astray so many times. So, I'm guessing you've lost more than you've put in at this point?

Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
Basically put an even higher bet after a lost to get back the amount you previously have before.
It's definitely a risky move but actually a good one to win more if you know the chances, you simply have to play it right. A higher bet doesn't mean its harder to win, y'know, gambler's fallacy.

Gambler's fallacy indeed. It's so harmful.
Originally Posted by rappunk23 View Post
you've lost more than you've put in at this point?

Yes. I have. I don't have any tc right now. I am playing some games to get 10th dan because I need the QI to wear static / pure colors.
> Piratez