Toribash
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Except he gives a definite source, and while you claim to be able to give a definite source you do not. You are either lazy, talking through your ass, or both.

Well fuck me, son. Right here.
If you're referring to the other info specified in the thread, I did.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Anyways, google gives these results as the first three:
http://www.fnsa.org/v1n1/dieter1.html - California spends an extra 90 million, while texas spends even more (yes, this is the "leftist blog" that gorman linked earlier)
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/taxonomy/term/16 General figures about the extraordinary yet necessary expenses of a death penalty case
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27...state-budgets/ (Fox news is LEFTIST??) Death penalty cases cost 1 mil. more than life without parole cases.

First 3 sites on google are Wikipedia, Amnesty International and the one Gormon posted, bro.

Regardless, you're all under the assumption that for some reason, we should be allocating a fuck-tonne of court time + money to murder trials. The defendant should hire whoever they want out of their own pocket and the State should give them a few days to make their case. Then a set of 3 or 5 judges or so will make a decision. Like in the High Court o' Australia. Max cost the state, half a mil'. Then kill the fuckers. Cash problem solved!
Originally Posted by Ele View Post

It seems to me that you posted an extremely biased site whilst claiming that our arguments should be disregarded because we linked from a biased site.

I think you just cancelled out your own argument there. Luckily I did some unbiased reporting further up the thread that you seem to have conveniently not read.

First 3 sites on google are Wikipedia, Amnesty International and the one Gormon posted, bro.

Regardless, you're all under the assumption that for some reason, we should be allocating a fuck-tonne of court time + money to murder trials. The defendant should hire whoever they want out of their own pocket and the State should give them a few days to make their case. Then a set of 3 or 5 judges or so will make a decision. Like in the High Court o' Australia. Max cost the state, half a mil'. Then kill the fuckers. Cash problem solved!

This discussion is not about cash, this is not "should we forgo the legal process just to make things cheaper", it is about whether or not the death penalty should be allowed.

'You assume it costs a lot' - It does cost a lot, since you do not even try to deny this, then you obviously recognize that currently death penalty is far more costly than incarceration.

Your argument is essentially 'lets make the legal system bare-bones, and then it will be cheap, hence capital punishment is better', however the same argument can be put forward against death penalty, why can't we just ship people off, similar to how Australia was founded. That hardly cost the English anything.
Do you know how much it costs to fly to England from Australia now days? Flights are as cheap as $70, and I am sure prisons could get a cheaper deal than that.
You would be hard pressed to execute someone for a cost less than $70.

Besides, we are not here to discuss 'can we make things cheaper', we are here to discuss the death penalty, your argument is tangental at best, and strawman at worst.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Do you research before posting, Gorman has already showed the facts and proven most if not all statements of life in prison cost more than putting someone to death. Posted by Ponzo

I was meaning that the death penalty should be used in cases where there is life in prison.
Last edited by ayyork; Jan 15, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
Originally Posted by ayyork View Post
Do you research before posting, Gorman has already showed the facts and proven most if not all statements of life in prison cost more than putting someone to death. Posted by Ponzo

I was meaning that the death penalty should be used in cases where there is life in prison.

Yeah, holding a person in prison for life costs less than the death penalty, this isn't that hard to understand.

Those were the first three sites for "death penalty costs." I don't know what you googled.

You obviously haven't read any of those links, because if you had you would understand that most of the costs are a necessity. Defense attorney's fees can hit 500,000 alone.

Now that you can't excuse away all the facts as propaganda, you're suggesting we instead increase the chances of false execution? Are you seriously suggesting we waive somebody's right to a public attorney just because the prosecution seeks the death penalty? Wtf is this crap? "Oh, and a lot of the costs involve gathering and examining forensics. But lets cut costs and ignore that bloodstain there, shall we?" This is essentially what you are doing.

You have a disturbingly guilty-until-proven-innocent POV.

Edit: the website doesn't even give statistics as far as I can tell, heh.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Jan 15, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.