Toribash
Original Post
The moon; a hollow space station?
Interesting little theory i saw on 'History'. I find it possible, after all, there supposedly are bottomless craters in it.

Have you ever seen a spaceship when you were out for an evening stroll? You may think not, but you may be wrong.
It's just possible that the moon is a spaceship. Don Wilson, author of the best-selling book, Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon, thinks so, and so do some scientists in the Soviet Union.

Two members of the Soviet Academy of Sciences have recently come up with the theory that the moon is a huge, hollowed-out planetoid that was sent into orbit around our world billions of years ago. They believe that the moon was hollowed out artificially, which means that it was done by some intelligence.

Another Russian scientist, who has studied the moons of Mars, thinks that they, too, are hollow, and that they might be space stations. It seems that the Soviets came to this startling conclusion because the dark part of the moons, which we can't see from earth, is filled with oceans of metallic rock. This hard metal is corrosion-resistant titanium, and we use it in the manufacture of supersonic jets and spacecraft here on earth.

Several American studies tend to agree with the Russian theory that the moon is hollow and that it became so by active interference on the part of some unknown aliens. Unusual activity has been noted on the moon for at least 100 years. NASA admitted recently that a mysterious force on the moon had caused a remote-controlled scientific station set up by astronauts to behave in an unexpected manner.

When NASA crashed the lunar landing craft after the astronauts had returned to their modules, the moon rang like a gong for hours. The speed of the tremors changed after passing through the outer layers of rock, and began to accelerate until it reached six miles per second -- which is the speed of sound traveling through metal.

So it sounds as if the Russians are on to something. But who hollowed out the moon, and why, will have to remain a part of ... the unexplained.……

From "Eerie Cases that Baffle the Mind."

……UNLESS……

IRON ON THE MOON

MOSCOW, (AP)
Soviet scientists have discovered non-corrodible iron on the surface of the moon and have produced the same kind of iron in experiments on Earth, according to Tass.
Valerie Barsukov, director of the Soviet Institute of Cheochemistry and Analytical Chemistry was quoted as saying that the nonoxidizing iron was produced by highly charged particles in the Solar wind, that sweeps the Moon's surface. The particles removed oxygen from the iron, forming pure metal, he said.

Source: http://users.belgacom.net/gc674645/grave/moon.htm

I find it slightly ridiculous but definetly plausible and a worthy discussion stimulant.
Hoss.
Well, this sort of defeats the whole purpose of the impact theory huh? Yeah, pretty cool idea and I suppose anythings possible. It would be pretty cool to have a giant spacestation orbiting the planet.
Not giving a fuck about hurricanes is pretty badass - Fee

#ItemRights!
Umm, in all honesty after reading that I feel like I wasted my time and think that theory is quite idiotic.

Really I would like if they had linked the so called proof that they talk about in it, but that's just a pet peeve of mine. Unless I can see the evidence myself, I have a hard time believing it.

But yeah, if the moon was hollow then wouldn't the tides not be as pronounced as they are? They are caused by the moon.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by gum View Post
But yeah, if the moon was hollow then wouldn't the tides not be as pronounced as they are? They are caused by the moon.

Or If the moon wasn't hollow would they be more pronounced?
Answering the moons gravitational pull on the tides
Mainstream scientific opinion on the internal structure of the Moon overwhelmingly supports a solid internal structure with a thin crust, an extensive mantle and a small denser core.[1] [2]This is based on:

Seismic observations. Besides Earth, the Moon is the only planetary body with a seismic observation network in place. Analysis of lunar seismic data have helped constrain the thickness of the crust (~45*km)[3] and mantle, as well as the core radius (~350*km).[4][5]
Moment of inertia parameters. For the Moon, moment of inertia parameters have demonstrated that the core is ~1.4% of the total mass.[6] One such parameter, the normalized polar moment of inertia, is 0.393+/-0.001.[6][7] This is very close to the value for a solid object with radially constant density, which would be 0.4 (for comparison, Earth's value is 0.33). The normalized polar moment of inertia for a hollow Moon would have a higher value, closer to 0.67. In other words, the moment of inertia parameters indicate that the core of the Moon is both dense and small, with the rest of the Moon consisting of material with nearly-constant density.
Fine-scale variation (e.g., variation along the orbit of the Lunar Prospector orbiter) of the lunar gravitational field, which is consistent with geologic processes involving a crust, mantle, and core.[6]
The large-scale gravitational field of the Moon, however, is unaffected by the internal distribution of mass if the internal density is assumed to vary only radially. For example, had the Moon been replaced with a point object of identical mass, the current gravitational field would continue to exist at distances greater than the ~1700*km[8] lunar radius. This can be derived directly for a spherically symmetric Moon by applying the integral form[9] of Gauss's law. Therefore, the large-scale gravitational field of the Moon does not convey any information about the internal radial distribution of mass. Hollow Moon proponents would, however, have to account for the incredible density of the Moon's crust if it were in fact hollow. As gravitational pull is determined by mass, a hollow moon would require an inordinately dense crust to achieve observed gravitational values.

Hoss.
it might be plausible but then again outrageous but then again ancient astronaut theorists do say that aliens may have sum part of making us on what we callourselves "humans" so what better way to watch us by placing a hallowed out space rock and calling it the moon
Say: Eye Spell: Map Say Ness :3
interesting theory, once we can get to the moon and start drilling we can find out whats true and waht isnt. ;)

i'm leaning towards more likely to be solid, because of the need for a thick crust which would be required for a hollow moon. it oculd be possible if the moon was made entirely from metal though... i find it interesting that the back half is metal and the front half is rock.
🫷🦚🫸
Part of me died after reading that article...

No but seriously, what are the chance of the moon being hollow when it is far to likely to just be a normal moon? What's wrong with the good old-fashioned solid moon?
Quit, probably.
It definitely sounds plausible in my opinion but why have they been chillin up there for so long?
If it was a battlestation, why haven't they made their move? Are they waiting for us to get so technologically advanced that it will be a fair fight?

If they're merely there to watch over us, why the shit are they watching us? Earth can't be that great to watch from that distance.
lol