Toribash
Original Post
People leaving games to avoid rank hits
Have you ever started a match against someone... and completely just manhandled some dude ranked really high? ... and then they just outright leave? yea. it sucks

I really think this should be heavily penalized. I'm not sure if there is anything dev's can do to detect if a person /quits or are actually having network problems. But even if someone has network problems and they can't fight a loss is a loss.

I guess I'm really wondering if anyone else shares this sentiment or how I might be able to voice my opinion to someone who could actually do something.
Last edited by Dabrye; Jan 22, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
There is no way to prove why somebody quit, also its not a big deal. So this should not be penalized at all imo.
Thedevill:im 20 years
Thedevill:i have better to do
It's not a big deal for someone to bail when they are losing a game intentionally? i dunno about that.
So many people do this there is no way to get around it. If the start banning people for it everybody will be getting banned.
Banning people for leaving a game when they are losing? that sounds retarded, also i doubt any mod would bother with something like that, especially because there is no way to prove it.
Banning would be outrageous... I'm sure I've made some of these people just rage quit and that's certainly not worth banning.

I'm just saying if you leave the game, regardless of the reason, it should be a loss.

Think about it if a fighter in real life just left a match, for whatever reason, maybe he had to take a dump really bad... He still loses.
Last edited by Dabrye; Jan 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Also, There is ping and if considered a loss people while be complaining about there ratio.
Also, There is ping and if considered a loss people while be complaining about there ratio.

Well now i'm complaining about d-bags rage-quitting and affecting my ratio. I miss out on a win.
Its a stupid idea, there are tons of reasons why a player would leave a match and there are none that should be penalized.
Its a stupid idea, there are tons of reasons why a player would leave a match and there are none that should be penalized.

I don't know if i'd even call a loss penalized.

Give me one reason why it shouldn't be considered a loss for a fighter to just up and leave a match.