Toribash
Original Post
DQ ghost
Kind of thought about it while playing some wushu, when someone mentioned that the dq should be "clearer". Didn't spot a similar thread at first glance here as well.

Idea's relatively simple: Add the disqualification ring to the ghost, when the joint comes in contact with the dq area.

It's relatively easy to spot a possible dq anyway if you keep your eyes open, so it's not all that vital or necessary. It's just a minor doodle, really, for convenience. However it'd be simply easier when you're either running out of time and/or managed to overlook a detail in your next turn.
But why's the rum gone? :v
Originally Posted by Deuteria View Post
Maybe the ghost implodes when it's going to dq? I like the idea of it just going *VWOOP*

Or maybe it explodes, blood and guts everywherrreeee!

I see now the point Platabear has, with the suspense. It's like being on the edge of your seat, not knowing if you're going to fall off or stay there. But is that really necessary to have/play a good game?

Idk about the implosion thing. Might sound great but could prove counter-productive in game-play. Gets too messy and it might get harder to pay attention to specific joints, i don't know. Adding a dq-ring when it touches the ground seems easier on the eyes imo.

Again with the 'suspense' ;d .. It won't go anywhere, with or without the dq ghost. It's a natural part of any game. I recognize plata's argument here (which is worth more than some suspense), where it might make people more reliant on ghosts, but that's a whole other issue entirely. You can predict all sorts of possible outcomes in close-up fights. In other cases, it's about you trying to avoid dq while reaching your opponent again. Personally i feel no suspense in that, just foolish for screwing up a nice replay out of carelessness and we all get that every once in a while.

Originally Posted by gamingbro1 View Post
Not supported, it ruins the surprise of the game, like you will know if you know you will lose or not, which is bad :<

You'll never be able to know that, and even then you can't be sure. For the third time, gosh. The game experience will almost always remain unchanged, minus silly dq's. Try bringing some better negatives on this. You either are able to predict what happens next or not, and still make mistakes (there's your big surprise). Do i really have to go through all this again?
Last edited by k6vamees; Apr 24, 2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: like seriously?
Not Supported, It's just silly really. If we add this where do we draw the line on the ghost being able to see things, don't try to convince me with your big paragraphs I won't support and never will.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by SenseiKitten View Post
Not Supported, It's just silly really. If we add this where do we draw the line on the ghost being able to see things, don't try to convince me with your big paragraphs I won't support and never will.

I can't convince you for your support, but i can convince you from being naive. You think the length of my posts play any part in discussing this? Jay already cleared it up before i did, so it should answer your question, should be simple enough.
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
What? You can still tell with or without the ghost DQ that you're going to be DQ'ed. He's just proposing to make it more obvious.

The ghost is never 100% accurate, all it does is tell you what's going to happen given the circumstances and the other player doesn't move. So, the DQ ghost wouldn't tell you if you're going to DQ, it would just point out that you're in path of a DQ given the current information.

I see no serious setback in this particular idea, what happens to the ghosts after this is implemented is another matter. Try harder than saying it's just silly, at least explain what i'm missing here, make a valid point. Otherwise your 'not supported' isn't worth a damn.

edit: if you're still worried about your suspense being taken out of the game, i'll give you something to actually be concerned about. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=404924 <-- *this* is what you are afraid of. Not the dq-idea.
Last edited by k6vamees; Apr 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: grammar
Supporting this full heartedly.

This ruins nothing. The skill off the game is mastering movement of your anatomy and using it to tactfully beat the opponent. Not to wait 8 seconds through 2 ghost revolution cycles to see if a glute touches when planning a comeback. It's almost a flaw that the game doesn't have this already.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
What next? A number on DQ ring showing after how many frames you'll dq or dq to go red, if it will occur withing the next turn? I see this as cheating. I did my time to learn timing and I think it's one of the few little thing that help an experienced player like me when fighting less experienced players and I don't want this advantage to be taken away.
Last edited by Lazors; May 11, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
What next? A number on DQ ring showing after how many frames you'll dq or dq to go red, if it will occur withing the next turn? I see this as cheating.

Sure, i agree. It has nothing to do with this particular idea though. You can use that argument against that idea, not this. I kind of already explained this more than once. Your advantage is delusional, you either see it happen or you don't. Be that as it may, lets talk about gameplay quality. How productive would a session full of dq'd matches be next to a session without? The smaller details and questions are already answered in previous posts.
I really can't relate to some of you guys? What's wrong with informing the player a bit more? I know sometimes in aikido I have to put my camra on the ground just to check if i'm going to DQ .. Not much to say really but I don't see it as cheating just and extra feature to the game.

Supported.
right on
Originally Posted by trickbob View Post
I really can't relate to some of you guys? What's wrong with informing the player a bit more? I know sometimes in aikido I have to put my camra on the ground just to check if i'm going to DQ .. Not much to say really but I don't see it as cheating just and extra feature to the game.

Supported.

Thank you. The player can find out with or without the DQ ghost whether or not he'd DQ. However, with this, it would make it much easier to find out so they don't have to spend valuable time figuring if they're going to DQ. If you really think part of the game should be decided on accidental DQ's... then you're not playing it right.
Who doesn't hate losing because you didn't know sumo was off? Or because you aren't sure if you'll touch the floor or not? Nobody likes screwing up a good win, right?
This is very much in favour to both of the players, the person with the upper hand might want to know if their opponent will DQ as well.
Even if you see that you're about to DQ, you might not be able to do anything about it, so if you're a skilled player, you won't look at this as "cheating".

Totally supported.
Last edited by jisse; May 14, 2013 at 05:49 AM.