ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Texture protection
Stolen textures is a problem in toribash, here's my idea on how to lower or even stop it. Currently when you go to upload a texture it will display a 128x128. People can steal and use these 128x textures with no problem. If we were to add a watermark feature that ONLY affects the website and not in game it could solve part of the problem with stolen textures.

Of course this focuses on more in game vs reselling free textures.

Here's a picture of what I mean.

This is also a picture of what the watermark might look like on the texture.
The watermark is visible however it doesn't take away from the picture too much.
You can also go into people's custom folders and take the original sized image,
but figuring out how to display the textures without having everyone download
the actual image sounds complicated.
But your current suggestion seems rather simple and easy, but from what I just
stated, that wouldn't stop the problem.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
True, but what if they removed the custom folder? Had all the textures be server side and have some sort of option in game to clear/reset your own textures? The only problem I could see is that when you are offline you won't be able to see your textures.
I think a good idea would be something like only the owner of the textures being able to see properly the custom folder. And the other players would see the textures with a watermark, ingame and in the forums.
hampa Moderated Message:
bro seriously
replay maker kinda
i support this it will decreace the bans and illegal textures stealing
Welcome me back maybe?
YES NO ONE REMEMBERS ME BUT MY FRIENDS
To measure the usefulness of the solution, ask your self the issue of the problem. How often do people really steal textures through custom folders, and those that do get banned. trying to prevent people from having access to custom folders would be protecting against racism by making it so you cant enter the words.

Not supported.

I remember once I dueled a guy for his set, and he didnt wanna send it to me, even though I owned it, so I just got it through custom folders.

If its watermarked that kind of scam might be more common.
Originally Posted by LeLight View Post
To measure the usefulness of the solution, ask your self the issue of the problem. How often do people really steal textures through custom folders, and those that do get banned. trying to prevent people from having access to custom folders would be protecting against racism by making it so you cant enter the words.

Not supported.

I remember once I dueled a guy for his set, and he didnt wanna send it to me, even though I owned it, so I just got it through custom folders.

If its watermarked that kind of scam might be more common.

Doesn't matter how many people do it, it's the fact that people do it in general. Players shouldn't have to worry about stolen textures. It's stupid to resell a texture set without altering it, and that's what I'm trying to get at. People take textures and slightly alter it and call it their own.
Sick idea.
However, I don't think keeping sets server-side with some sort of localized deletion would work. It would take a massive amount of server power and probably cause lots of lag considering the amount of games that are being played and textures being dl'd. Could also cause problems for editors if the textures to a player that they're using keep getting erased.

I feel like figuring out some way of locking textures so that they can't be viewed outside of toribash could be a somewhat half-decent garbage solution. Probably giving the toribash client the only administrative privileges to view/open texture files(tgas). No doubt some nerd would hack through this, but eh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|