Toribash
Original Post
[GM] How synchronized are you?

[kudos to clockworkmonkey for this awesome banner]

Greetings, fellow moguls.

Do you love listening to music while you're bashing heads in-game?!
Then this event is for you!

Welcome to a single-player event designed to test your skills in terms of synchronization and timing with music!

Objective:
In this event, all you have to do is synchronize a song to a replay you are going to make.
It's quite simple, really. Pick a song, any song. It can be a song you like, dislike, a song you think would be funny, whatever. After you've picked your song, decide on what mod you are going to play in. You can play in any mod with any settings. It just has to look visually appealing, and has to match with the song while it's being played. Yes, this means that replay hacking is indeed available. Just make it look nice! You don't even have to harass Uke if you think it would look better that way. If you're going to use a portion of a song, then add the youtube link of the song to your post, then add the starting time of the song used to the ending time of the song used (ex: 0:32 - 1:41). It's very important that you include the general range of FPS you had while you were creating the replay, that affects a huge part of how we will judge your replays. See the section below for help & information regarding FPS. Example of an entry for this event is on the bottom of this post. Your replay and song should match each other like one of those glorious action scenes in Hollywood movies!

How to regulate your FPS, how to find your FPS, and maybe even how to increase your FPS.

FPS stands for "frames per second". The higher your FPS is, the faster you will experience gameplay. Your FPS is located on the upper-left corner of your toribash application. Here's a screenshot locating the FPS. You'll see that it's constantly changing and whatnot (it's normal, nothing to worry about). There are several ways to increase your FPS and to make it faster, but here are the two easiest ways to do so. Open up your toribash client, press Esc, then Setup, and then click on Options. After you've done that, click on Advanced, and then next to the Frame Rate field, enter 60. Here's a screenshot locating the frame rate field. You'll now begin to notice your client running a bit smoother and more efficiently. The other easy way to make your FPS faster is to simply type: /opt fixedframerate 0. This magical command regulates and makes your FPS faster.

Judging will be based upon:
  • Originality.
  • How well the replay and song go with each other.

How you should submit your entry:

To submit your one and only entry, simply post:

-The YouTube link to the song you've chosen.

-If you used them, the starting & ending times used from the song (should be taken from the YouTube link, and should look something like "1:53 - 4:43"). While judging, this is where we will know where to start listening to, and stop listening to the song while we're viewing your replay.

-Your replay.

-The range of FPS while you were creating your replay (this is important!). If you need help with locating or improving your FPS, refer to the section above.

-The name of the mod you've selected.

Rules:
There's a ton of flexibility in the rules of this event. There are very few rules for you to follow, as all the replay has to be is visually appealing, and simply has to match with the song you chose. There are still a few rules you have to follow to participate in this spontaneous event.

• No replay stealing, that's bad.

• The replay must be new.

• The replay must be between 200 frames and 1500 frames.

• You will only be allowed to post ONE replay as your entry.

And that's it!
Everything else is allowed!

Prizes:

1st place: Some item worth 15k-20k

2nd place: Some item worth 10k-15k

3rd place: Some item worth 5k-10k

Deadline:
You have two (2) weeks to bedazzle me with your entries.

Happy collaborating!

:-)

Example of how an entry should look like:

Originally Posted by firebolty

Hi, I picked the song "Kill Everybody" by Skrillex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21aifX0lZY

My replay is synchronized from 0:43 - 2:56.

I used the mod: classic.tbm.

My range of FPS was 35-40

Here's my replay: (will be posted soon)

Entries so far

Shigechio

Borjon

KillerCyber

Th3CrAzY

Alexsin

LatinBlade

Tengo

masterexploder77
Last edited by firebolty; Jun 3, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
BAD LUCK
Hmm Can I do this work but In a form of a video?
For example instead of puting replay here and saying "my replay is from 0:43 -3:10 on XFps "
Can I film my replay with the song on background?
Or Can I film my replay with the song on background and use Slow motion to sync it better?
I'd rather you didn't; this isn't a video-making contest, and certain effects can be applied to make it look like the replay is synchronized, so I'd rather have everyone following the same objective.
BAD LUCK
Thanks for notifying me firebolty, I'm definitely in this.
|OoT Member|ORMO Member|OSHI Member|RSO Teacher|MMO Member|
|Prince of Darkness|Leader of the the Fallen|Fallen Angel|
I thank you for the invite, but how will i have a chance against the ones that hack replays?
they can just keep bouncing joints to sync the beat to the song, i think that you should have this event with no hacking, so there's some actual skill involved.

if i am going to enter, this will be my song(yes alot of rage will be displayed in the replay, if i feel like it's worth competing against hackers) and it'll start from 3:00 to the end i guess.

lovely event idea btw.

Last edited by Swexx; May 29, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
Originally Posted by masterexploder77 View Post
Thanks for notifying me firebolty, I'm definitely in this.

Glad to hear it.

Originally Posted by SWEXxELITE View Post
I thank you for the invite, but how will i have a chance against the ones that hack replays?
they can just keep bouncing joints to sync the beat to the song, i think that you should have this event with no hacking, so there's some actual skill involved.

if i am going to enter, this will be my song(yes alot of rage will be displayed in the replay, if i feel like it's worth competing against hackers) and it'll start from 3:00 to the end i guess.

lovely event idea btw.

Hi swex,

I wouldn't worry about the replay hackers, it will be obvious if all they did was CRUSH and made everything bounce accordingly, and originality plays a big part in this event. So a replay hacker who doesn't do anything but edit the file is no match for someone who's been doing the event on his own.

Originally Posted by Hours View Post
Im so up for this!

Remember that you can only submit one entry!

Originally Posted by Th3CrAzY View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06LXZQwkrc this song from 1:58 to 2: 33
will be posting replays later

Looking forward to your entry.

;)
BAD LUCK