ES Recruitment Drive
Are you kidding me? You have to be. Let me enlighten you, theblaze. Madonna and Michael Jackson aside, mainstream music in the 80's sucked. Don't lie to yourself.
Last edited by SporeCc; Mar 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
w0w
ok how about
Viva La Vida by Coldplay??
I only care about love. I've ridden the TARDIS. Boxsucks
10/21/12
Ach... I didn't want to touch on this subject, but now I have to. Coldplay sucks. Here's why. They are like the early Beatles; massively successful, relatively bad at actually playing instruments, and haven't yet produced any profoundly inspiring music. At the time for the Beatles, this popularity was undeserved. They had some good pop songs but nothing great. Then they released a slew of fantastic meaningful albums (see Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, Abbey Road, Let it Be) that made that popularity deserved. Coldplay hasn't made that Sgt Peppers or that Abbey Road. When (if) they ever do, I will respect them. But, in an era where mainstream popularity is the kiss of death for new bands' creativity, i don't believe that this will happen. Because of that, they deserve as much respect as, say, Lady Gaga or one of those other garbage pop artists. That is, none.
On Reckoner: No, but I feel that In Rainbows can only get better with age. Radiohead is well represented here with two songs, though, so no hard feelings.
On Central: I actually bought the new Frusciante album when it came out and I could never get into it. I'll stick with RCHP songs for now.
On Atmosphere: God, that's a beautiful song. RIP Ian Curtis. I'll add it to the list right away; can't believe I forgot about those guys.
On High Hopes: I don't believe in Pink Floyd without Waters, sorry.
On Hallelujah: Another great song. I'll add.
On Random Muse song: See my post about Muse.
On Texas Flood: Yee Haw! I must say I'm a Stevie fan. I'll add to the list.

Edit: Changes Made:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley kicked The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkle from the 92 Spot
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughn kicked I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty from the 87 Spot.
Atmosphere - Joy Division kicked The One I Love - R.E.M. from the 61 Spot

Edit 2: Changed my mind. Replaced Atmosphere with Love Will Tear Us Apart.
Last edited by SporeCc; Mar 27, 2009 at 04:35 AM.
hmmm i think imo sabbath bloody sabbath beats iron man
come on man!
METAL!!
MEEEETAAAL!!!!
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath should be the Black Sabbath song on the list.

EDIT: The list need Black metal too. I suggest something by Mayhem, Burzum or Darkthorne. I don't know much about BM.

The thrash metal of the list is awful too. Atleast one song by the great german thrash bands. Kreator, Sodom or Destruction. My pick would be Sodom - Agent Orange, but again I don't know that much about Thrash either.

Sunn o)))) Would also deserve a spot on the list. Made Drone metal somewhat succesful and the songs are great too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG97k6DMNVM
Last edited by DaBandito; Mar 27, 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Fixed the Sabbath song, but getting me to put that crappy screaming black/thrash metal on a list of the 100 greatest songs of all time is going to be a very tough sell T_T
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Good Call. Moved to 100 until you give me reason to move it higher.

Man in the Box is the song that made Alice in Chains famous and got them into mainstream, where they created many more hits.

Also, Man in the Box has been voted number #19 on VH1's "40 Greatest Metal Songs".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtl8roUEy4

For my last reason, it appeared on VH1's "100 Greatest Guitar Solos" at spot #77. This appeared in one of VH1's magazines.
Last edited by Drummer; Mar 28, 2009 at 02:35 AM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.