Toribash
Original Post
remodel the Fighters for 5.0 update and 3D setting
remodel the fighters!

like in this photo if you guys added more human like bodily features that would evolve the game and open up many possibilities for future ideas

and another idea is to make a 3D setting for cyan and red glasses...
This is possible, but adding more joints would cause some users to lag very badly, and they wouldn't be able to play. Many of these ideas have been suggested, but are just not gonig to follow through because of the outcome.

As for the 3D setting, I don't know how that would work out.
ugly
That would throw the texturing community off big time :P
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Originally Posted by KingRa7en View Post
That would throw the texturing community off big time :P

500 years to be exact.
Chances are there will be no changes to Tori model. There is already a stable version that lots of people like and are accustomed to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
the game probably wont change...
Previous replays would be ruined
If someone had robot textures it would look stupid
Edit: actually most textures in general would look pretty silly
R.I.P
This would kind of destroy any textures currently made. It would also be pretty graphics-intensive for some people's computers. Additionally, unless exact proportions are kept the same (which they probably wouldn't be), no replays would work anymore.
~ [Fa]mily~
"You may have Downs, but you get me up." - Hucota7
A model like that would raise the poly-count significantly (from some hundreds to thousands min as far as I can see) and through that also the calculations needed. Plus at least the middle body would need some kind of "flexible skin" instead of simple IK like it is now. All this together would raise CPU/GPU-specs needed to get it work.

Beside that the complete physics model have to be rewritten, masses are actually based on the size of the objects (correct me if I'm wrong) and a new model like that would completly kill this.

Imo Toribash is unique due to its simple model and the freedom of movement. If you want more human models why not using games like Tekken etc.?
Check my Soundcloud ;)
1)Texture messed up
2)Flames messed up
3)Hair messed up
4)Gradient and force messed up
5)So everything is messed up
Bye bye toribash
Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
This is possible, but adding more joints would cause some users to lag very badly, and they wouldn't be able to play. Many of these ideas have been suggested, but are just not gonig to follow through because of the outcome.

Same number of joints
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
A model like that would raise the poly-count significantly (from some hundreds to thousands min as far as I can see) and through that also the calculations needed.

Nurbs get?! But really a simple bezier filter and you can get away with far lower polys...
Plus at least the middle body would need some kind of "flexible skin" instead of simple IK like it is now. All this together would raise CPU/GPU-specs needed to get it work.

Which isn't hard :L It's just simple opengl transforms yeah?
Beside that the complete physics model have to be rewritten, masses are actually based on the size of the objects (correct me if I'm wrong) and a new model like that would completly kill this.

The same system would work.
Originally Posted by 4kid View Post
1)Texture messed up
2)Flames messed up
3)Hair messed up
4)Gradient and force messed up
5)So everything is messed up

1)They would be fine
2)They would be fine
3)They would be fine
4)They would be fine
5)It would all be fine
No, no. Changing what the Tori looks like will really piss off older players, I ensure you. Textures would be screwed up too, as people above have said. Everyone is already used to the current model and it works perfectly fine as it is.

3D idea would probably work, I don't see much wrong with it(though it's not really necessary).
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions