Toribash
Original Post
Globals on Steam
Sooo the first thing I have to say: My English sucks but I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you.

1st part: Every Steam User knows when one of your Friends starts a Game there is a Message which looks like that one:
If someone starts a Global you should get a Message with the Global Message ( Sorry for that ugly sentence but I dont know another way to explain it but i think you understand what I mean that sentence sucks so hard jeez).Because If you are in steam online but you play something else you see: Oh there is a GMtourney :O. So you have a better chance to join the Tourney

2nd part: If you click on that Steam message, it should ask you: Want to start the game with /jo Gmtourney ? Or something like that

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. I think this is a really good Idea tell me what you think ^.^
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
I always miss the actual globals because of the servers I'm in, the people are very talkative, causing the global to be out of sight before I can read it. This is a very good idea.
+Supported
Huge problem I see with this is the fact that anybody can use globals, and there have been numerous times where people have abused that fact. Not only that, but events that are globaled are almost always full seconds after the global is sent, so I don't really see the need for it.
NotShadow: The most people cant enter the Gmtourneys cuz its always full. And If they get a message on steam they just have to click "join" or something and they'll be there. Its very useful if you want to join a tourney. I'd really like to have this in the Game
Back at it again
Writing a script that lets you join a room when the global with /jo or /join roomname is sent isn't a huge problem (I've seen a working version) but implementing it to steam is a completely different thing.
retired
then why not have an official toribash group on steam?

This way, only GM's would have the ability to send 'globals' for everyone inside the steam group, avoiding the problem with people spamming it, and also letting players that aren't currently playing toribash have a chance to join the tourney.

I'm currently aware of the existing toribash group, globals could be sent there, maybe?
:^)
Originally Posted by Hulk30000 View Post
NotShadow: The most people cant enter the Gmtourneys cuz its always full. And If they get a message on steam they just have to click "join" or something and they'll be there. Its very useful if you want to join a tourney. I'd really like to have this in the Game

The point is, if it's always full then why do we need additional globalling?

As someone else said though, if you made a steam group and gave GMs moderator on it, they could organize events and everyone in the group would have a pop-up saying that there is an event. The problem is, by the time you saw the event and went in-game to join the room, it most likely be full.
Originally Posted by Rial View Post
then why not have an official toribash group on steam?

This way, only GM's would have the ability to send 'globals' for everyone inside the steam group, avoiding the problem with people spamming it, and also letting players that aren't currently playing toribash have a chance to join the tourney.

I'm currently aware of the existing toribash group, globals could be sent there, maybe?

We have an official group on steam and it's possible to send global-like messages (organizing an event there would trigger a pop-up message for all Steam users), but I really doubt that most players would be happy with seeing them several times a day. Lots of people on Steam play different games and Toribash displaying popups each time they play anything else would be annoying. Moreover, it would result in tourney room crashes at peak times when hundreds of people start join attempts.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
We have an official group on steam and it's possible to send global-like messages (organizing an event there would trigger a pop-up message for all Steam users), but I really doubt that most players would be happy with seeing them several times a day. Lots of people on Steam play different games and Toribash displaying popups each time they play anything else would be annoying. Moreover, it would result in tourney room crashes at peak times when hundreds of people start join attempts.

People can also do /jo Gmtourney hundreds of times if they're ingame. But there is a bigger chance to get in 4 everyone
Last edited by Matharu; Jan 15, 2015 at 06:25 PM.
Back at it again