Toribash
Original Post
Online/Long Distance Relationships?
Just wondering what everyone's experience with it is. So post stories or discuss it or whatever. I'll post mine in the op as well, down below.

So the reason I started this thread was because I met this girl on omegle, during the summer, and added her on skype but never talked really. A month or 2 later, she messages me and we start talking again. A few months go by, and I get a huge crush on her, and eventually, thanks to my low self control at night, I confess and she says she feels the same and whatnot. Things seem to be going good, albeit I've never even been in a relationship, at 17, so an online LDR thing is especially new and confusing to me.

The girl is 15, and yes I've actually seen her because she's gone on cam a few brief times, and has sent photos. She's really cute. It's amazing how much we have in common and to top it off she's attractive. She has relatives out here in the city I live actually, so that gives her a good excuse to come visit. As for myself, I figure I'm free once I graduate high school, after I save up some money from a job I need to get soon, since I've got no particular reason to stay in this city. Oh, she's almost 600 miles away, 2 states to the right. A 9 hour drive, about the same as the family we have in California, I figure it's really not so bad.

We started snail mailing because her internet has a 50GB monthly cap which she has to share with like 4 siblings and her parents. She likes anime, as I do, and so I offered to send her some if she sent a flashdrive or something. We've been sending letters since (which is just 2 so far lol). On the weekends, we often talk all night for 8 or more hours at a time, on skype. It's really fun. Sadly though, her isp sucks and either it, or her parents have been turning the internet off at 10 p.m lately. This started happening right after she told her mom about me, so seems like parents are likely. She doesn't have a cell phone of her own, either.

I'd probably just be rambling if I typed any more, and since this is supposed to be about everyone else's experiences, not just mine, I guess I'll stop. ye.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Welp, i've actually had one of these for two years, so i guess i could give you some insight on it.

The first thing i'd like to say is enjoy the good moments while they last, perhaps they might last forever, but it never hurts to enjoy what you have in that moment.

The next thing i want to talk about is the trust issue. Chances are one of you will start to get paranoid and/or jealous. Thoughts might arise that the other might be going out with someone else, or dating someone else online. This can create stress on what is already a tough relationship. The more stress that is put on the both of you, the more likely you are to fight as in any relationship.
What i would suggest is trying to stay as open as you can with each other and talk about everything. That being said, there is always a chance that the other person is still lying.
but being in a long distance relationship, it's harder to trust, but you have to work through it.

To really make one work, you two have to be really committed to each other. Not being able to be near one another in real life can also create stress, so try to be content.

All in all, long distance relationships have a very low success rate because of some of the mentioned above. But, it's not impossible, who knows, she could be your future wife ;o

As for my own experience with this matter, i rather not go into details because i try to forget most of it, but in a nutshell, it started really strong, then slowly dissolved.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
nothing wrong with having an online relationship at all

I'm currently in a relationship with another tb member, actually. he's not out of the closet yet though so I'm keeping it a secret for now ;*
shmevin eats smegma
We already have one of these :<
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=325941
(And mine covers both online dating and internet relationships)

But yeah, there is no point in a relationship if you can't have sex. If you're all about lovie-dovie magical things, you need to join reality.

Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
nothing wrong with having an online relationship at all

I'm currently in a relationship with another tb member, actually. he's not out of the closet yet though so I'm keeping it a secret for now ;*

Everyone already knows about us.
-----
Also yeah, I met a couple girls via the internet and added them on skype, we exchange pics, videochat, etc, and dicuss things.

Am I in love with any of them? No.

(Except for this korean girl who I'm going to meet up with in 3 years for a one night stand as per our arrangement) but that doesn't count.
Last edited by Zayex; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Zayex, basing a relationship on only sex will not make a good relationship.
Also, Korean girls aren't exactly like American girls. Nice job if you actually manage to have intercourse with one if you're not in a steady relationship or married. I don't think she would like to get banished from society.

I never had an online relationship but I don't think it's a bad thing, although a lot of people see it as wrong/unethical when you would ask them about it.
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Zayex, basing a relationship on only sex will not make a good relationship.
Also, Korean girls aren't exactly like American girls. Nice job if you actually manage to have intercourse with one if you're not in a steady relationship or married. I don't think she would like to get banished from society.

I never had an online relationship but I don't think it's a bad thing, although a lot of people see it as wrong/unethical when you would ask them about it.

I would have to agree with Zayex a bit on this one Dilara, sure sex isn't everything but for those who are in it for the most choose it usually do it so they can take the next step in their relationship. Now their are the obvious cases of someone abusing the power of "love" to get it but for the most part it's there for those who want to get more close with the significant other.

Also for the online relationship if it works it works. In fact I'm close to confessing myself to someone.
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Originally Posted by PiePwn View Post
I know, he said it's not a relationship if you can't have sex.. What kind of BS is that. If we lived by what he said everyone in the world would be sluts. Sex doesn't mean anything it's just another way to express love. You saying sex has to be a part of a relationship, then fine, you can go out there and get those clutty girls. Grow up ad if you had any rescept for women you wouldn't go around fucking every girl you get with....

^Clearly rover as fuck. So rover. Oh so rover. You aren't even omega.

I usually think zayex is wrong, or just trolling, but, this time, he's spot on.
Hoss.
Well, maybe so. I just don't think relationships are all about sex.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
Originally Posted by PiePwn View Post
Well, maybe so. I just don't think relationships are all about sex.

Try having a long lasting, healthy relationship without sex.

What's the point of a long distance relationship over a relationship with someone you can actually see?
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Video calls/Skype? Also, sex, I'm 17 and I've never had sex. It's called control. Having sex isn't anything but another way to express love... Like I said before.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.