Toribash
Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
well I enjoyed reading the whole story a lot (so far)
seeing how much the author's plot development and mainly the artwork evolves throughout the manga (specially between the transition to re), is absolutely stunning in my opinion
I totally recommend reading manga, the feeling is completely different imo

cons are that sometimes the plot or personalities vary so much so suddenly that simply looks like the story goes according to the author's current mood, that can be annoying if very noticeable

I'll download it at some point then.
Originally Posted by Colors View Post
bipolar manga

Bipolarbear.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
Yeah, haven't seen him in a while... Last message from him was "Wise words from Cartman" on the 14th...
dont you have an inactivity thread on the clan cops board?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3

We're almost level 2 now, would you look at that? And here I was told I'd be infracted for whatever reason.

Anyway, I just finished reading Umibe no Onnanoko. It was great. Going to start reading Solanin soon.

Umibe no Onnanoko

It's a fairly short manga, at only 20 chapters, in 2 volumes. The shortness of it is actually good though. If it was any longer I feel as if the story would have dragged on. Whereas this way the shortness of the manga acts as a metaphor of the story being told.
Solanin gives me bad vibes
I dont remember almost anything from the manga but I read when I was a kid (it was a pretty short manga iirc). The story was kinda sad to me

edit: oh but it always made me anxious to reach adulthood, but im not gonna get into it otherwise I'll end up giving you spoilers, maybe (and wrong spoilers probably because I truly dont remember how the manga is)
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
Solanin gives me bad vibes
I dont remember almost anything from the manga but I read when I was a kid (it was a pretty short manga iirc). The story was kinda sad to me

edit: oh but it always made me anxious to reach adulthood, but im not gonna get into it otherwise I'll end up giving you spoilers, maybe (and wrong spoilers probably because I truly dont remember how the manga is)

All of Inio Asano's work that I've seen so far is dark in one way or another. More often than not looking at growing up, facing your own mortality and accepting that. Or in some cases being stuck in a limbo of sorts between adolescence and adulthood.

What really draws me into Asano's work is the reality it speaks, there's no escapism here. It shows modern life for what it is.

I find the name Solanin interesting for a dark manga, isn't Solanine the poison found in the nightshade family?

I like to look at his work from the point of view of a sociologist, he often touches on topics that are often times depressing. Although depressing they're very true for our social environment.
From that what can we learn to understand society in a broader sense. How do we go about studying the social isolation that a lot of us experience?