Ranking
Original Post
What are your recommendations?
I need a new computer, this one is alright but doesn't really have what it takes to run games as well as I'd like it to, about the only bloody games I can play are ones that I've downloaded, like toribash, and the like.

Now, I know absolutely nothing about computers, the only thing that I really know is that I am shit at picking them.
So I need your help, and I'm sure some of you are whizzes in this department and will have no trouble telling me what the best computer in the world is.
Thing is, I don’t want the best of the best, I just want a computer that'll run pretty much anything I buy smoothly and quickly, without any sort of problem at all.
Also, telling me what is in the damn thing wont help either unless you tell me what it does, for example; saying it has "xxxGB of RAM" doesn't mean anything to me until I know what RAM is, so please, if you are posting the system specs tell me what they do, unless someone would be so kind as to make a post telling me what they are anyway.

There is no set budget that I have, so post any that you are definite would fit the requirements I have asked for, though, I don’t want to see any £10,000 computers, as I wouldn't pay that much, ever, try to keep in the £1000 - £3000 range.

Also, I don’t want any "make your own computer" comments, because if I had wanted to, I wouldn't have posted.

Thanks.
collect snots from the nose
Scan.com are the daddy when it comes to custom rigs, the mince anything Alienware etc have to offer.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Thanks for the replies, anyone got a site that'll explain to me what RAM and shit like Processors are?

Also;

Scan.com are the daddy when it comes to custom rigs, the mince anything Alienware etc have to offer.

What's the actual URL? When i search "www.scan.com" it comes up with this

And

Build a custom rig, lurk yourself some newegg.com

Read the first post, I 'aint building shit.
Last edited by Gynx; Dec 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
Are you sure that it'll run everything I put in the disk drive smoothly and quickly without any/very little problems?

I'm talking big games, like GTA IV and Crisis and the like.
My current rig cost £500. All seperate components. Pre-made would have cost me around £1000.

Yeah, but never buy alienware. They are really overpriced. Same with Dell.
Echomarine 4 the win