Toribash
Original Post
One Night EP (4 trakcs inside)
Hello again. I have just uploaded my EP, and I would love to see your opinion and suggestion(for my next tracks).

Every single track in this EP are made using Fruity Loops 11.

https://soundcloud.com/officialocean/sets/one-night

When I was making these tracks, I was in a really depressing form. And was just trying to express myself somehow. The EP title ''One Night'' actually means that it's an accumulated numbers of emotions during one night being expressed in form of music.

Hopefully the tracks hit the feels for you guys ;).
And if you do enjoy the tracks, please share it to your friends or leave a like or repost there .

Thanks again Toribash Community.
She - Good. Flow got a little messed at the 'not just one of my wordless raps that talks about shit'. Maybe a syllabic issue or maybe just an execution issue. Instrumental arrangement was tight. Can't comment on the mixing on any of these songs (don't listen to much rap (so wouldn't have much of a reference) and listened through laptop speakers).

Either Way - I think 'fuck' and 'fuck' derivatives were overused here, but that's just my opinion. Again instrumentals were good and non-offensive. Don't have much to comment about this one.

For the Hood - Enjoyed the marching rhythm you developed until about 1:45. I get that you changed the beat to create some interest and keep things from being boring, but when you changed it, I felt it lost some of the marching rhythm the song had until that point.

Night Ride - This one felt a bit aimless, and I wasn't a fan of the chord progression you changed it to near the end. I couldn't hear the vocals as clearly as I could in the other tracks, so that might have contributed to the aimlessness I felt. Think it might just be the EQ you used? Sounds tinny, like the highs and lows have been removed. I sometimes use EQs like that on purpose, but I usually also boost the mids as well, from about 1k to 3k - This makes the male voice much clearer. Anyway, might not be an EQ thing, I'm sure you know what you've done with your track.

Gave you a follow. Keen to hear what you release next.
I think the first song is too loud, you can hear the compression especially when the rapping shows up. I didn't finish the others but I think they sound fine.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
She - Good. Flow got a little messed at the 'not just one of my wordless raps that talks about shit'. Maybe a syllabic issue or maybe just an execution issue. Instrumental arrangement was tight. Can't comment on the mixing on any of these songs (don't listen to much rap (so wouldn't have much of a reference) and listened through laptop speakers).

Either Way - I think 'fuck' and 'fuck' derivatives were overused here, but that's just my opinion. Again instrumentals were good and non-offensive. Don't have much to comment about this one.

For the Hood - Enjoyed the marching rhythm you developed until about 1:45. I get that you changed the beat to create some interest and keep things from being boring, but when you changed it, I felt it lost some of the marching rhythm the song had until that point.

Night Ride - This one felt a bit aimless, and I wasn't a fan of the chord progression you changed it to near the end. I couldn't hear the vocals as clearly as I could in the other tracks, so that might have contributed to the aimlessness I felt. Think it might just be the EQ you used? Sounds tinny, like the highs and lows have been removed. I sometimes use EQs like that on purpose, but I usually also boost the mids as well, from about 1k to 3k - This makes the male voice much clearer. Anyway, might not be an EQ thing, I'm sure you know what you've done with your track.

Gave you a follow. Keen to hear what you release next.

For the first track the 'not just one of my wordless raps that talks about shit' part is indeed an execution issue. I failed to make the right transition. It kinda sounded like a plot twist huh. Didn't really mean to do that.

The second track, I did put my all into it but the reason I picked that rap is because I was really pissed about something.

The third was my first attempt for rap tracks, didn't really understand the elements of a rap beat back then. Thank you for pointing out though

The fourth track was the second attempt. Thanks for your comments Ele, they're all very helpful.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
I think the first song is too loud, you can hear the compression especially when the rapping shows up. I didn't finish the others but I think they sound fine.

It was indeed loud. I made the track a month ago. And I was trying to find a fitting lyric for it. I found one, but again it turned into a plot twist, and kinda loud. Thanks again!
I think I can mix stuff for you, because you know, I make beats and stuff.

But IMO, I think if you had some really nice beats, you'd sound way better, but who knows. If you keep practicing/listening to other flows, you'll incorporate stuff to make your own style, that is if you proceed to keep your own style.

The first two songs, your tone sounds exactly the same. If you're supposed to be pissed in the 2nd song, I'd imagine hearing a more aggressive tone. I think you should put a little more u mp h in when you're rapping.

Anywho, I'm not a rapper so what can I say. Other than that I think it's dope that you made an EP.
Originally Posted by bands View Post
I think I can mix stuff for you, because you know, I make beats and stuff.

But IMO, I think if you had some really nice beats, you'd sound way better, but who knows. If you keep practicing/listening to other flows, you'll incorporate stuff to make your own style, that is if you proceed to keep your own style.

The first two songs, your tone sounds exactly the same. If you're supposed to be pissed in the 2nd song, I'd imagine hearing a more aggressive tone. I think you should put a little more u mp h in when you're rapping.

Anywho, I'm not a rapper so what can I say. Other than that I think it's dope that you made an EP.

I'm not the rapper, I'm the one who made the beat :/