ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Foot texture wrapping - solved! Check it out!
As you may or may not know, foot textures wrap in a COMPLETELY illogical way. Whoever made that happened should be given at least over nine thousand lashes.

However, after over four hours of toil (with breaks) I have discovered exactly (to an extent) how foot textures wrap and created a semi-accurate template for you to use, just so you don't have to.

Blue = Front
White=back
Red=Left side (Yes, this stretches quite a bit)
Green=Right side (Stretches quite a bit also)
Orange=Top
Yellow=Bottom
Black=WTF I dunno. Doesn't seem to show up anyway.

Please note that this template is not exact (it is, however, fairly accurate), and if you use it, some calibration will be necessary to perfect it.
Attached Images
Tutorial foot.png (3.3 KB, 56 views)
Last edited by Ownzilas; Dec 22, 2007 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Fixed minor typo. It's hard to type proppa at 5 a.m :P
»You just wasted 5 seconds of your life. Congratulations!«
[m] - 2/29/2008 - Never Forget
No, I see how it's wrapping. The left side ones start at the front and get wrapped around going down, behind, and back up top as you go down the list.
The right side ones just get stuck to the sides like stickers. It's really not that illogical...
What I don't understand is why the left and right side pieces are so... Not equal. The left side piece is.. a square, while the right side piece is about twice the height...
Maybe it is just a bit illogical..
<ZaneNutio> I ASSED FIRSED
Thanks for this! I really was hoping for someone to figure this out.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Heh, no problem. The weirdest part was the sides. Like Jay said, they're not equal. Makes no sense.
I've tried to make full black foot texture for myself but it doesn't show up in the game . Yes I've uploaded it.
10TH DAN PINK BELT
The only thing I could see going wrong is you aren't waiting long enough.
When you upload a file to the site, it takes a few minutes to process and crap. Then, when that's done, the next time you start Toribash, the .tga will download into the folder that has your textures in it. If waiting a few minutes and restarting fails, then... PM someone important.
Oic. Are you sure you uploaded it at 128x128 pixels?
Be sure it's either a .JPG .PNG .GIF or .TGA

Try uploading it again. If that fails, PM someone important.

Although, your folder does show you as having two Black foot textures. If those aren't showing, I have no idea why.
I tried putting in all black too but it didn't work.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice
*breaks door*
Originally Posted by Ownzilas View Post
Oic. Are you sure you uploaded it at 128x128 pixels?
Be sure it's either a .JPG .PNG .GIF or .TGA

Try uploading it again. If that fails, PM someone important.

Although, your folder does show you as having two Black foot textures. If those aren't showing, I have no idea why.

It's .TGA and 128x128. I've tried to upload several times.
10TH DAN PINK BELT