Ranking
Original Post
Weird Slow Down When Playing Games
Hi there.

So I just fresh install my Windows because I had a problem with it, and now whenever I play a game, the game won't running as smooth as like before I reinstall it and the CPU Usage increased to 90~100%.

For example, I can play Toribash with 30ish FPS before, now it's only 10ish FPS(no other program on the background, but I it was possible before). I tried with other games too like Nuclear Throne which I was able to run it smoothly too before(30 FPS, the game itself locked to 30 FPS).

What I already did :
- Updating driver, like onboard graphic driver etc.
- Reseating RAM.
- Adjusting graphic setting.
- Checking the temperature which is fine.

My specification :
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E220 @ 2.20 GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.GHz
RAM : 2GB
Graphic : Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset
DirectX 11
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Everything are same like before the fresh install.

Thanks before.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Have you tried installing Java?
Last edited by hunter; Jun 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Have you tried installing Java?

Installed 64-bit java after the fresh install.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
Sounds to me like you need some graphics drivers for that G41 chipset.

Try poke around intel's website and look for the drivers you need: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...xpress-Chipset

That's what I did the first time.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Update C++ liberaries, DX9 and .NET Framework, that might help. Otherwise try to give your onboard more RAM.
Last edited by Mongius; Jun 29, 2016 at 06:56 AM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by Mongius View Post
Update C++ liberaries, DX9 and .NET Framework, that might help. Otherwise try to give your onboard more RAM.

Still not fixed, and the memory for onboard graphic already set to maximum.

Anyway, it looks like the slow down appear kinda random. Sometimes when I run Toribash, the game run in 30ish FPS on the start but after a while it drop to 10ish FPS, but sometimes it run 10ish FPS on the start.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
i had issues with games lagging until recently

disable all shitty antiviruses and firewalls, that's what worked for me
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
Originally Posted by cats View Post
i had issues with games lagging until recently

disable all shitty antiviruses and firewalls, that's what worked for me

Already disabled firewalls, and currently I have no anti virus right now. Well, actually I forgot to install it because too busy with this problem.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Check your laptop/CPU fan, watch the overheat, if it's overheated cool it down, or try to put your laptop on something that prevents the fan from being sticked to a surface.