Ranking
Original Post
READ THIS: New definition of spam!
In the announcement by KiTFoX there is also a more recent one involving the widening of the term "spam post". For those of you who cba to check:

"So, we're going to start infracting posts that only involves ratings or completely unconstructive comments.

Examples of WRONG: "8/10", "your textures are shit" or "nice replay".

Examples of RIGHT: "Nice replay, I really like how you did most of the part without grabbing", "I don't like how you did those lines on the metal-part" or "I like the angle and atmosphere of this video, and you synced it well. 9/10"

This is because these posts doesn't contain any value at all, except a cheap ego-boost for the poster. And it's not enough to be considered useful posting. If you want to comment, actually bring something of value to the thread.

Keep this in mind everytime you comment or rate, and you'll manage without infractions.

Note how every post surpassing this rule WILL get infracted, NO EXEPTIONS!"

^ Totally written by me. ~Dalir
Last edited by dalir; Mar 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
About time this rule got put into effect.
I doubt it'll really work though, too much work for the mods. Seeing how there are a lot of 'Not bad, 8/10' posts in almost every thread that asks for a rating.
Tell me if the following is SPAM:

Theres a spelling error in your post about Kitfox's announcement:

"This is because these posts doesn't contain any value at all,..."

Change doesn't to don't

Is this spam or just helping out?
Membaof Element|My Sig
Honestly, this is a much-needed rule at times. Sure, it's okay to know that people think "ZOMGEPIC" when seeing stuff you've made, but it's really not helpful in any way apart from maybe giving a little lift to ones mood. Worse is the "Sux." comments, that doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever.
So yeah, thanks.

Also, he kind of spelt "exceptions" wrong. =P
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
good rule
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Regarding the spelling errors: I don't make those.

It was Dalir :O

Anyways, regardless of the spelling errors, yeah, this will go into effect, and Maple:

It's not gonna be a problem. (For us, that is.)
Who gives a shit about grammar anyway? >%@

Anyway, help and report these posts. It'll make putting this in effect much easier.

PS: We're not going to infract anyone who posted BEFORE the announcement was made.

PS: Note how the "EXEPTIONS!"-line was written by CMon. He totally makes mistakes too.
Last edited by dalir; Mar 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
PS: We're not going to infract anyone who posted BEFORE the announcement was made.

Also, we were given orders to wait until tomorrow to let you guys swallow the impressions.

Tomorrow, GMT, starts 10 minutes from this post. Everything posted after this will be in danger.