ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Even More Madmen Questions
I know that using insta-gib mods for madmen doesn't count, but are people allowed to edit the Dismemberment Threshold? I've seen replays where the hit just doesn't seem strong enough, yet the [INSERT LIMB HERE] still comes off.

Also, are people allowed to edit gravity and such? I know Hampa's 0headkick isn't a madman, but there's practically no gravity there.

Should madmen be focused on a fast, efficient way of dismembering at least 4 pieces off the main body, or should they try to just get as many DMs as possible?

How do you get a style? All I can do is grab and hit whatever part I can reach, but I've seen people rip up Uke just with their feet.

And finally, for madmen, should there be a pose at the end? I can't ever get my guy to not fall over after 100 frames.
Last edited by GuardianDuo; Aug 24, 2009 at 04:05 AM.
Ehh madman don't have a .. like universal term, so it's hard to say what is allowed and whatnot. Usually lowering the dismember threshold is looked down upon.

You can change the gravity I guess, the common ones are default and 0.00 0.00 -30.00 (sambo gravity), but for madmans people usually just leave it default.

To be honest madman isn't really an accomplishment anymore, you can create much better replays with a single target like decap, or something completely different. But if you do want a madman, make it stylish, make it original, quality matters and not quantity so hugging uke off into 20 pieces isn't anything worth watching, clear and nice hits are what people like to watch. Speed is always good : )

Replays may seem to have easy dismembers because they have tens and tens of edits in them, where people carefully edit each hit to be a successful one. There's much more to a beautiful replay than you might see when watching it. I'll leave tips about how to dismember to someone else, my text is probably getting too confusing from lack of sleep.

Yeah, poses usually are a way of ending your replay, if you're still a beginner, try laying down in some way so you can balance yourself, more experienced people sometimes just try standing up on two legs and get a pose, but that's quite advanced.