ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Th3CrAzY View Post
Solax i pm'ed lactic my opponent what if he doesnt answer in 1 day? it means im out? or i win.. or he doesnt fight with me..

I think he is disqualified, and you are paired with someone else.

The deadline is the 19th so you will have untill then to fight him, if he doesn't respond up to the 19th just pm a gm about it.

Kind of disapointed in the 5th mod choice spiritwrestling. I think they could've picked something better or even just left it with 4 mods in a fight, because i don't think anyone even plays this mod anymore and it doesn't require much skill really ( though i have only played it a few times so someone could probably argue about this).

Anyway i have already been knocked out because of that mod lol just seems like a lot of pushing and shoving due to the odd points system. I like the other mods though and like style more than last year's.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
The deadline is the 19th so you will have untill then to fight him, if he doesn't respond up to the 19th just pm a gm about it.

Kind of disapointed in the 5th mod choice spiritwrestling. I think they could've picked something better or even just left it with 4 mods in a fight, because i don't think anyone even plays this mod anymore and it doesn't require much skill really ( though i have only played it a few times so someone could probably argue about this).

Anyway i have already been knocked out because of that mod lol just seems like a lot of pushing and shoving due to the odd points system. I like the other mods though and like style more than last year's.

i agree spiritwrestling ... well i can say sucks.. i dont want it cause i cant win .-.
eh
would you prefer judo instead of spiritwretling?.
Selling tc via paypal , pm me
We had certain criteria to fill while coming up with mods to play.

Originally Posted by ed
the mods must need skill(no "lucky" winning), no big similarities, and mods most people already know.

Yes I know spiritwrestling is a bit odd, but it mostly fits what we're trying to follow.
Each and every mod is executed in their own way, and that's what we really wanted.

And before this turns into a "nope, you're wrong" argument, we looked through many mods and tried to find a balanced list.

But anyways, hope you guys have fun :).

Originally Posted by Owca View Post
would you prefer judo instead of spiritwretling?.

Exactly.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Spiritwrestling is just incredibly unconventional. I like the choice because it's going to force most of us who don't play it to adapt. I dislike it because I'm going to play to win this championship and I know it's a weakpoint.

Brushu was a great choice, so happy there.
TK was an awesome choice, great there.
Aikidobigdojo is an awesome choice, sort of an anti-cheese mod
Lenshu3ing was... well I just think Lenshu3 is better because grabs but okay
Spiritwrestling in all honesty was probably a pretty decent choice.

If I had to replace any i'd throw in Ninjutsu or Stabjutsu to the mix but maybe that's me.

Anywho: The good and bad news about this tournament is that it looks like this bracket was made randomly. And I think the prize is worth it. My only concern is you only get 1 match per mod which... excited people to play with the cheesiest of tactics.

Good luck to everyone though.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Two aikido-like mods are a given.And,I don't know what you guys don't like about spiritwrestling.Do clean throws(try not to self damage),and you'll be fine.
Your messed up world enthrills me
It would be fine if people actually played like that but i think this choice of mod will result in people using noobish tactics to win such as shoveling due to their little understanding of the mod ( unlike the others where most of them i are played by a vast amount of the players in this competition). Well anyway again just my opinion but i guess there aren't many other mod choices which would result in a fair fight, or whatever. Anyway i'll stop posting about the mod now and let you guys get on with this goodluck to all still in it.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
It would be fine if people actually played like that but i think this choice of mod will result in people using noobish tactics to win such as shoveling due to their little understanding of the mod ( unlike the others where most of them i are played by a vast amount of the players in this competition). Well anyway again just my opinion but i guess there aren't many other mod choices which would result in a fair fight, or whatever. Anyway i'll stop posting about the mod now and let you guys get on with this goodluck to all still in it.

This man has a point, I will shovel and any and all opportunities during the tournament.
the god
Nice blogging Solax.
Also I like the various mods, I usually don't play Brushu/Wushu and Spiritwrestling though so this could be tough, but over all it's a pretty fun event so far.
Last edited by Aracoon; Aug 17, 2012 at 01:07 PM.