Toribash
Original Post
What do I desire?
It seems in life all we do is what we are told or what makes us the most money.

I'm at a stage in life where I have no clue what I desire, no clue what my future holds. I'm enlisted in an OSU Mechanical Engineering program because I have a very high success rate of getting a job. I do not want to be a Mechanical Engineer for the rest of my life.

So here I am asking myself, if money had no meaning, if it was worthless to me, what would I spend the rest of my life doing if I could start today.

As it dawned on me, for the first hour I had no clue. Zero idea of what I wanted to be in life. After some mind juggling I realized if I could do one thing for the rest of my life it is teaching. To hell with this Mechanical Engineering plan I've been led to believe is what will make me happy, I have feelings, emotions, I operate just as all of you do and I strive for something in life just as all of us do. I strive for peace, I don't want to live my entire life being stressed out all the time. What life is that? Teaching is something I could do for the rest of my life and being young in in years I still have the opportunity to be just that..

So I ask you guys here at Toribash, what do you desire? If money wasn't important what would you do for the rest of your life?

I don't want any immature remarks I want honesty.
Last edited by ATD; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
[OLDA]|[Ultimate]|Order of Taekkyon| ex-GameMaster
Questions concerns? Pm me