Ranking
Original Post
Raiken is trying to get himself a gaming PC!
Currently thinking about what should I get for a gaming CPU. I'm kind of hyped to build myself a gaming PC. But, I only need helps on the CPU parts at the momment. My budget is around $1250 or lower.

I've listed some of parts that I think it's good and best for that price range.
So, the builds are:

- AMD Vishera FX-9590 4.7Ghz Cache 8MB 220W AM3 [Box] - 8 Core
- MSI 990FXA-Gaming
- Toshiba 2TB SATA3 7200RPM
- Corsair SO-DIMM DDR3 8GB PC12800
- Inno 3D Geforce GTX 960 4GB DDR5 OC
- Seasonic P760 760W Full Modular
- Corsair AF120 LED BLUE/RED/WHITE - 12CM Fan

or Click here.

I'm using this computer for gaming and maybe video editing. The games are maybe: GTA V, Far Cry 4, Fallout 4, Rise of Tomb Rider, and other high-pc-needed games. As for the video editing, I use Sony Vegas and FL Studio.

I really need help with choosing the right parts, well It's kind of annoying since I don't really understand pc that much, but that's why I'm asking for your help!

You are free to judge or even suggest me a better build too! Cheers!
Last edited by Raiken; Mar 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Now this is a horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE setup for that money.
That CPU is underpowered as hell for its money in gaming (every new i3 beats it for 100$). Amd is out of the CPU market since the Core2Duo and the Core2Quad have been released (2006). Also don't get tricked by the 8 core tag, more doesn't mean better. For example : You can chose between 8 Bicycles (that FX9590) or 4 Ferrari's (i7/Xeon). Pretty obious choice.
Spending too much money on a mainboard is just pointless
SO-DIMMs dont fit on usual mainboards (they are for laptops)
PSU is extremely overkill

if you already bought some parts of it, I beg you to get a refund. really, you got ripped off there. who ever told you this would be good, piss in his cereal.

THIS is what you call a 1200$ build

CPU : Xeon E3-1231v3 - It's an i7 without integrated GPU and overclocking for 100$ less
CPU Cooler : Coolermaster Hyper TX3 - ordinary 20$ cooler to replace the stock one (because of thermal performance and loudness)
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H - Spending over 50$ on a Mobo is pointless unless you overclock (which the Xeon can't), covers all needs
RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury 16Gb DDR3 1866MHZ - DDR3 got really cheap lately so there is no reason to not buy 16Gb to be ready for the future
SSD : Samsung EVO 850 250Gb - install your Windows here, it is about 10 times faster than a usual HDD (500Mb/s on the read and write, HDDs can only reach 50Mb/s)
HDD : WD Blue 1Tb - Data grave
Case : Fractal Design Core 1100 - Awesome case for a low price
PSU : EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze - this build only consumes a maximum wattage of 450W on full load, no reason to buy more than that
GPU : Zotac Gefore GTX 980ti - best video card available.

1200$. It can't get better than this for that money.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ny2FFT

Please use PcPartPicker for further processing. Feel free to PM me when you got questions
Last edited by Mongius; Mar 13, 2016 at 02:48 PM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
It's just my about-to-buy-parts, so I haven't buy any single piece of them. Also, thanks with the new build! Alright will do. I'll do a little checkup too later.
Last edited by Raiken; Mar 13, 2016 at 11:25 PM.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.