Ranking
Original Post
+Shaders and video card. The endless Dillema...
I have in my possession an ati radeon 9600 graphics card, which supports shaders, but apparently, it won't apply them when i play toribash.
now, we have all heard of cases in which they turn the shaders on, and then the screen goes blank, or the game crashes or something. my case is different. when i turn the shaders on (menu>setup>options>shaders [on]> OK), the screen goes blank for a few secs, and then it returns to normal mode. i go check the options, and the shaders are off. what can i do?

Edit: i reinstalled the game, but it still doesn't work.
Last edited by ilasaigues; Jan 11, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]
I won't be active in-forums or in-game until 4.0 comes out.
It's dependant on the amount of memory the 9600 has whether or not it suffers shader problems.

The normal issue is tori & uke being invisible, generally on 128meg or below cards - but also on some 256meg ones.

I get the feeling your shaders aren't turning on due to a driver issue. Can you post the contents of STDERR on here?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
It's dependant on the amount of memory the 9600 has whether or not it suffers shader problems.

The normal issue is tori & uke being invisible, generally on 128meg or below cards - but also on some 256meg ones.

I get the feeling your shaders aren't turning on due to a driver issue. Can you post the contents of STDERR on here?

1) my card is 128mb, so that might be the problem
2) the drivers... the goddamn drivers. there's a funny thing about the drivers. i recently formatted my pc, because my 3d graphics wouldn't work AT ALL (except for some exeptions such as toribash w/o shaders). so after re-installing windows and updating it, i realized that the problem was that the drivers i was using were wrong. there was the windows drivers for this card, and the ati drivers for it. the thing is that when i used the ati drivers, the 3d wouldn't work (but the shaders did work, and tori and uke were invisible), and when i installed the windows drivers, 3d worked (in all my other games that had slightly more advanced 3d graphics), but the shaders wouldn't. i believe it's God's will to sh*t on me, or the morons at ati, that make bugged drivers. whatever the case is, i have no shaders.

oh, btw: what is STDERR? (i fail at computing, i know)
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]
Tou can get STDERR with this:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=143153

Might be worth getting the hardware info with it too for the driver version.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Thank you very much. Well what it says is:
Hardware info Tool:
CPU: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2600+
RAM: 511 MB
GPU: YUAN RADEON 9600
VRAM: 256 MB
DRIVER: 6.14.10.6601

and the stderr file you spoke about, it's blank. what should it have inside?

I hope u find this info useful.

PS: i don't want to open another thread, so i'll ask you directly: how do you get custom titles? (not images like yours, but text). also, i decoded your binary title: GOD 2.0. epic =D

Peace
Last edited by ilasaigues; Jan 11, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]
like in the place where 'junior member' stand u need toribash prime (last on the list)

it cosy 10$ for a hole year
Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
like in the place where 'junior member' stand u need toribash prime (last on the list)

it cosy 10$ for a hole year

Also:

Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post

So, the full list would be:

- Bigger character limit and pictures allowed for your signature
- Animated avatars allowed
- Able to change your user title (which is between your name and your avatar, usually shows Junior Member, Member, Senior Member and ub3r)
- ToriPrime owners exclusive forum board

That all only for $10 each year.

You can also buy it from people who sell ToriPrime for approximately 100k-130k. I personally love ToriPrime.
beep
My parents won't buy me anything related to games with real cash, coz they think it's a waste of money, so i think i'll have to buy it with TC. as for the graphics problem, anyone got any ideas?
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]
Yup, your driver is waaaaaay out of date.

You've got a Catalyst v6 installed & they're on v9 now.

http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst/index.html

You can download it there.

Also you were wrong about your card's memory, it's got 256meg not 128 ;)

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Yup, your driver is waaaaaay out of date.

You've got a Catalyst v6 installed & they're on v9 now.

http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst/index.html

You can download it there.

Also you were wrong about your card's memory, it's got 256meg not 128 ;)

You got a point there, m8, but there's a slight problem:
Originally Posted by ilasaigues View Post
[...]there was the windows drivers for this card, and the ati drivers for it. the thing is that when i used the ati drivers, the 3d wouldn't work (but the shaders did work, and tori and uke were invisible), and when i installed the windows drivers, 3d worked (in all my other games that had slightly more advanced 3d graphics), but the shaders wouldn't[...]

the exact drivers i downloaded are in this page: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...4&lang=English
it seems that the morons at amd have bugged drivers or sth, coz when i used THEIR driver, two out of my fifty games worked (guess the amount that didn't). after trying with the one provided by windows update (the 6.0 one) everything seemed to work well, BUT THE SHADERS. I'm seriously gonna loose it someday... i'll take my screwdriver, take out the video card, throw it to the floor, and then dance tap on it. i've been asking my parents to buy me a geforce vc, but they say: "C'mon... it's just for the videogames, right?" i have no excuse so i say: "Yes", and then they say: "HA! Balls, no! no new VC for you!". after that, I go to my computer to see prices of geforce vcards, dreaming... i seriously am fed up. i desperateley need help.

if anyone finds a solution that works, i'll give him/her two whole sets for free, an extra head and if he/she wants i'll put some fries with that.

help me tori-bash-kenobi. ur my only hope! (at this point, i'm being completeley random, ain't i?)

EDIT: my only hope is to find an 8.0 driver or something, coz maybe only the 9.something is causing the trouble. if anyone can get me such link, i'll give him the prizes stated above.
Last edited by ilasaigues; Jan 12, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]