Toribash
Original Post
NEED HELP WITH ACER ASPIRE - No Signal
So most of you might know the common problem that is the no signal sign on the monitor. I just got this pc from my cousin and it was in the basement for around 8 months. It's an ACER Aspire AM5100 I think. No fancy graphics card I truly don't even know what gfx card I have. BUT moving on. I have taken out the CMos battery for a while then put it back in. I have also changed the CMos romper and cleaned out the ram thingies. The long chip things. (Heh) and nothing. I have cleaned out everything from top to bottom and got rid of most of the dust but yet again, nothing. ANY HELP!?
I am just an icon livin'
Are you sure it is outputting a video signal from where you think it is, and in the format that you think it is?

For example if it has motherboard and a graphics card, maybe it wants to use the mobo instead of the GPU.

For example if it has DVI output, then make sure it's not outputting DVI-D and your monitor is DVI-A.

Try different cables and monitor, check that lights are coming on when you power the computer, listen for any beeps, wizzing of fans, etc.

Sounds like obvious things, but it's worth a second check to be sure.
Originally Posted by GnilRettemHC View Post
Are you sure it is outputting a video signal from where you think it is, and in the format that you think it is?

For example if it has motherboard and a graphics card, maybe it wants to use the mobo instead of the GPU.

For example if it has DVI output, then make sure it's not outputting DVI-D and your monitor is DVI-A.

Try different cables and monitor, check that lights are coming on when you power the computer, listen for any beeps, wizzing of fans, etc.

Sounds like obvious things, but it's worth a second check to be sure.

How do I change it from gpu to mobo? I am really new to this.
-----
Here are some images
imgur.com/liY8iVd,FbtaPvD,NgDWigH,V1PVARv,mZnNWL1
Last edited by Cartier; May 10, 2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am just an icon livin'
Well, that makes it somewhat easier. Your only choices are VGA or HDMI. Just both of them, make sure your cables and monitor work.
It isn't VGA it's the dvd I or whatever and I tried HDMI but it didn't work.
I am just an icon livin'
Oh then I guess I am using the vga haha sorry I was confused. Still doesn't work. All the wires work perfectly fine.
I am just an icon livin'
Do any lights/sounds come from the motherboard when the computer is turned on?

It could be faulty motherboard or RAM or CPU or PSU at this point, need to narrow it down by describing what happens when you turn the computer
If the motherboard like didn't work even though all the fans work and the DVDs thing as everything but the mobo doesn't work how much would I get for it? It's an Acer Aspire m5100. Would it go for atleast $500?
I am just an icon livin'
Depends what exactly is in it, but you'd be lucky to get more than $100 I'd say. More realistically under $50 or unsellable.