ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Better Fracture
My idea is that when something fractures, that whole limb is rendered useless. For example, if you fracture your left pec, you cant move that, or your shoulder, or your elbow, or your wrist. If you fracture your neck you can't move at all. If you fracture your chest, you can move your arms and your neck but nothing else, and so on.
Maybe since this is such a huge change, it can only last one turn like a DM, except it's not your whole body laxing all (except for when you fracture your neck).
previously known as Lopsin
People have suggested like things, with dms to be more specific. This is not a bad idea and can be implemented as an optional box in the menu. I support, kinda
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
I personally think this would change too much. Also, in abd, random fractures happen all the time. If this was added, people would lose much more easily for no real reason. I don't support.
It would be too different, in all mods with fractures you will just try to break neck or chest/lumbar to have a sure win. It would have more sense with the dismember. If an arm flies away, how the hell can it still move? For example with a decap a tori couldn't continue to move. I dont support the idea of a fracture change.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
It would have more sense with the dismember. If an arm flies away, how the hell can it still move? For example with a decap a tori couldn't continue to move.

I don't support this either personally. It makes the game more fun trying to save dms. Plus, think of mushu. When you are split in half or something, its still very possible to save. Changing that would completely change mushu and many other mods, and just make them way less fun.
Suggestions like this can't really be said to be good or bad until they are tested in game. If this was an option in the CTRL+G menu, we could allow the playerbase to naturally grow accustomed to the option and see if it works out or not.
Debating the pros and cons of something like this probably won't get anyone anywhere.
Pretty sure there aren't going to made any changes like this in the game cause it has been the same for like 8 years now.
But still, this is a gay suggestion. Trying to save after dm is just a fun part of the game.
And the frac part would make decap opener the best opener ever, since decap=win or neck frac = win.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
debating the pros and cons of something is good

until you start bringing up the fact that it would ruin gameplay. Nothing would be wrong if you just made it optional.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Considering how easy it is to get fractures (particularly neck fractures) in mods with fracture thresholds set to even 250 I don't think this is a good idea. A select few folks have been playing for a while and want the game to be more realistic, I can understand this. But you must see how this makes it less enjoyable (I can think of tons of realistic features that could be added to toribash that sound good on paper, but if you really think about it, are not beneficial to the game to be added). I know that the devs could make this optional, but why go to the trouble of making it if not even a large chunk of the playerbase is going to use it? Now, if you can rally a bunch of people and perhaps convince hampa to add this as a modding feature (if that's even possible), that's a different story.

I can see why sparrers and people who like to do things like that might want something like this. But in average gameplay, in core modes, I don't seeing this being fun at all. Which is what a game is supposed to be despite the occasional talks of esports in toribash. This is coming from someone quite open-minded to new feature in toribash, but good features that will be fun to play with. Not something that is added just because that's maybe what should happen in real life.
Last edited by mWah; Aug 29, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.