people playing: 93, servers online: 30, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: imapirate

  Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 3, 2018 Original Post  
аduck
CLAN SQUAD LEAD MS TRIAL MEMBER
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,021



Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,


Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.






Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
NOT A TSA, NOT AN MS ADMIN


Last edited by duck; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:20 PM..
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #131
Bless
FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS
 
Always Wear Your Seat Belt
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,279
Clan: Relax All



Blackmailing players to increase player count.

For the third time I am going to mention the necessity for an increase in clan events to promote activity in clans rather than blatant blackmail, usually works better for getting the game behind you.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Bless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #132
:Fire
Forumite
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,251
Clan: Alpha



Originally Posted by Tripstone View Post
That's because you are forcing something the community doesn't want to do and this whole thread is proof of that.

They can force them for some time. However, soon or later they'll just quit and then staff will know what everyone was talking about.

Originally Posted by Bless View Post
Blackmailing players to increase player count.

For the third time I am going to mention the necessity for an increase in clan events to promote activity in clans rather than blatant blackmail, usually works better for getting the game behind you.

Indeed, people are more active in summer not just because it's "summer". Its also 100% because of CL. More such events should happen.

Last edited by Fire; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:04 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #133
аduck
CLAN SQUAD LEAD MS TRIAL MEMBER
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,021



I wanted to address the outrage as a whole, to have a clear statement about it.


In the end, I understand a chunk of the hate this change is getting. The old checks, while still existent and more brutal in consequences (getting your toriclan deleted), were much easier to pass.
We wanted to change that because those checks really should be there to ensure that the official clans we have, the ones that set a standard for others to come, are actually up to a standard.
We debated on the criteria and came up with what we see as still passable, yet more strict than what we had before.

Nevertheless, the older, more lenient checks were the norm for the community. We realized this change was going to be met with backlash from you, the community.
Our idea to lessen the impact was to introduce the 2 month grace period, as to not give a left hook to all the clans we currently have and remove them from sight, and the 3 strike system as opposed to the previous 2 strike one.
Not only that, but we changed the consequences to where your toriclan would not be deleted, but rather just brung back to unofficial. We weren't looking to kill clans for fun, we'd much rather see these clans passing our checks than having to remove them afterall.
(Personally would like to apologize for the clan butcher set, it was constructed as a joke among the staff, but came off as tasteless to the community, which definitely didn't help the reaction that came afterwards. I removed it after I got a talking to about it from the community, so once again, I apologize)

Even with that though, the backlash here has been huge. And as I said at the start, I understand it. Getting rid of old official clan's status that were loved is going to be a harsh pill to swallow for people.
I can see why there is an outrage. Due to the previous, way more lenient checks, this change, with it's initial number of only 11 clans passing seems destructive. I can understand, the clan staff understands. But, in the end, we see it as a necessary evil.
Official clans should be held up to a certain standard, and if that holding up comes with making clans who don't particularly practice their official status, unofficial, then we see that as a step that needs to be taken.


I can only hope that you take away from this post that we acknowledge your feelings, but also understand why this change was something we decided to push out.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #134
Surge
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,874
Clan: Adventure



Hi duck, will you and your team consider making the new checks more lenient if it proves that a huge majority of clans can't consistently keep up (see: list of failed clans on your first post)?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #135
аduck
CLAN SQUAD LEAD MS TRIAL MEMBER
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,021



Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Hi duck, will you and your team consider making the new checks more lenient if it proves that a huge majority of clans can't consistently keep up (see: list of failed clans on your first post)?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

We have been tweaking the numbers pretty much since the conception, to see what would benefit and not. We aren't exactly looking to make them much more lenient, but we are open to small changes. For example, forum activity has been boosted up to 25 points, even giving 30 points if your clan has more than 200 posts per month
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #136
DropKick
Raconteur
 
Free Vox Belt
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,717



In 1-2 sentences, what is the benefit to the community of implementing this change?

And if it wasn't implemented, what would the consequences to the community be?

I feel like too much time is being spent refuting other's points and less is being spent on conveying why this change will be a benefit. In many of our opinions,' there is no downside to leaving the inactive clans around. What is the reason they must go?

tl;dr What is the reason we need to remove/de-official/delete inactive official clans?
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
DropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #137
аduck
CLAN SQUAD LEAD MS TRIAL MEMBER
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,021



To set a standard of activity for clans that won't be met with the usual "hey why is x clan still alive" after every check we do. We aim to remove official status from clans that are actually inactive.

Not only that, but for future official clans, for future members who weren't around for the previous checks, this will be nothing more than a criteria that's needed to be met, so it will help boost activity from future official clans.

Your clan should be active to be be able to use the perks it has been given. This is basically the main point of activity checks beyond the activity standard. Are you trying to argue we don't have activity checks at all? Because I honestly have no interest in arguing such a point in here. If you wish to remove activity checks overall, feel free to make a suggestion thread, although I doubt the success of such endeavor.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #138
+Tripstone
Old Schooler
 
God Belt
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,283
Clan: Evolution



Originally Posted by duck View Post
To set a standard of activity for clans that won't be met with the usual "hey why is x clan still alive" after every check we do. We aim to remove official status from clans that are actually inactive.

Honestly if the process of a clan becoming official wasn't so lenient the past couple of years this would not be a problem today, it sounds like you are targeting clans because there is to many. (which there is)
There's to many clans as it is and it's as easy as 1,2,3 to become official.
If there was more meaningful vote/process like back in the day I bet the results of what you/we want/looking for would be a lot greater then they are now.
Clans use to be an achievement, a goal, it use to mean something to be invited to a clan but now its just another way to tantalize the system/staff, as a joke, cause issues, not take seriously, and cause little minor issues which I would not imagine anyone would want to deal with.
I have seen it work for myself but regarding the fluctuation from 3.0+ it now requires outside amendments such as what people have already suggested,- (Clan Events & Clan involvement).
There are other methods available to you all and I would hope you would notice it..

Work with the community, don't work against them.
https://imgur.com/a/HiGiFcF

Last edited by Tripstone; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:09 PM..
Tripstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #139
$Thrandir
Forumite
 
9th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,159
Clan: re



Originally Posted by duck View Post
I wanted to address the outrage as a whole, to have a clear statement about it.


In the end, I understand a chunk of the hate this change is getting. The old checks, while still existent and more brutal in consequences (getting your toriclan deleted), were much easier to pass.
We wanted to change that because those checks really should be there to ensure that the official clans we have, the ones that set a standard for others to come, are actually up to a standard.
We debated on the criteria and came up with what we see as still passable, yet more strict than what we had before.

Nevertheless, the older, more lenient checks were the norm for the community. We realized this change was going to be met with backlash from you, the community.
Our idea to lessen the impact was to introduce the 2 month grace period, as to not give a left hook to all the clans we currently have and remove them from sight, and the 3 strike system as opposed to the previous 2 strike one.
Not only that, but we changed the consequences to where your toriclan would not be deleted, but rather just brung back to unofficial. We weren't looking to kill clans for fun, we'd much rather see these clans passing our checks than having to remove them afterall.
(Personally would like to apologize for the clan butcher set, it was constructed as a joke among the staff, but came off as tasteless to the community, which definitely didn't help the reaction that came afterwards. I removed it after I got a talking to about it from the community, so once again, I apologize)

Even with that though, the backlash here has been huge. And as I said at the start, I understand it. Getting rid of old official clan's status that were loved is going to be a harsh pill to swallow for people.
I can see why there is an outrage. Due to the previous, way more lenient checks, this change, with it's initial number of only 11 clans passing seems destructive. I can understand, the clan staff understands. But, in the end, we see it as a necessary evil.
Official clans should be held up to a certain standard, and if that holding up comes with making clans who don't particularly practice their official status, unofficial, then we see that as a step that needs to be taken.


I can only hope that you take away from this post that we acknowledge your feelings, but also understand why this change was something we decided to push out.

That's actually the first time in this thread where you are talking to us like people, not spewing official bullshit. Thanks.

You say that you acknowledge that we are dissatisfied but find it necessary - I get it. I have only one (well, two) question(s) then.

Do you acknowledge our points that in the long run people will feel forced and leave toribash altogether? Or that they will feel that they lost last place that keeps them checking forums & game and will leave (stop visiting Toribash) due to this?

About the first part of the question: personally even if I were more active, I'd still be pretty annoyed because real life responsibilities are enough, I don't need obligations in game too (even if you claim that it's just 5 games per player, once you are in charge of whole clan as leader or co-leader it gets more serious).
About second part of the question: no matter what you keep telling us about the fact that it'll "just" make us unofficial, it still clearly is important for people here. You can keep repeating that it's not that bad, but it won't change our feelings. So for some clans the moment when you make them unofficial will be enough to drop toribash altogether.

The reason for my question is the fact that I don't see anything which you've done to prevent this. I see only a policy which is meant to hurt official clans with inactive people. But I can't pinpoint any of your actions before this policy which was meant to affect us positively, give fun things to do, give benefits to active clans and so on. I'd rather have "be active and you'll get X benefits" first, and only after it does not work, "be active or you'll get punished" thing.
Thrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #140
?Lamby
Member
 
Brexit Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 459
Clan: Parrot



200 posts a month just for 5 extra points isn't the best boost, just make it 50/50 so the old system of posting is still viable but you can also pass the check for ingame active and keep the whole you get de-officialised. seeming a clan is a community with in this community even if that means posting on the forums or playing ingame. and being official helps with part of that community with the board and/or the private board for use to use.
[Parrot], [Alpha], [Parrot], [WAPOW]
[NOoT], [TL] and [TA]
Clan League 2016 2nd place holder.
Clan League 2017 1st place holder.

Last edited by Lamby; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:05 PM..
Lamby is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game