Toribash
i once did a project with a kid in my class who was from north korea, and who i thought didn't speak a lot of english, but i found out he was just shy. when i talked to him in class he was very quiet, however when i talked to him on msn he just seemed like anyone else. it was pretty strange, he was a completely different person.

so i wonder if maybe it's not just from his side, being more able to express himself when behind a computer screen, but maybe it's also me, as it's harder to judge someone by the appearance of their avatar than their real life selves. perhaps i have a kind of default persona that i expect when talking to someone online, that's different from the personality i expect from meeting a new person IRL.
This user's signature has been removed due to Terms of Service violation ~
I very much judge everyone by their avatar.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
actually when i first got into internet games because nobody like me.... now i dont really need them. i just play this because i know there are no petefiles here. i have no need to lye now. i used to say that i was like 20 even though i was like 8 at the time. now there is no need to because things are going a lot better besides for the fact that when a 13 yr old is in high school with a girlfriend, people like to beat the shit out you. im serious a guy just broke my nose today. i wish i was normal. internet personas are ok i used have a friend who said was a dirtbiker online. point is i dont need personas anymore. people will outgrow these "phases"

I find that I act on the internet as I do in real life, yet speak a little bit differently since I have an unlimited amount of time to forum a response. You see, if this was a discussion in real life, I would have said "Opps, meant to say form, not forum." But, since I have a seemingly unlimited amount of time to respond, I can take as long as I want to in order to create a response I find suitable. So for me, things like backtracking on my words won't happen as often on the internet. But the general idea of what I say would stays same.

On a different note...

Originally Posted by m0o View Post
I'm awesome pretty much everywhere. It's less effective on the interent because you cant see or hear me being awesome.

Typically I'd go on (Or at least think of) some sort of anti-ego banter for this statement; but I gotta say, I know someone in real life I would high-five/pat on the back for saying that.

(>^_^)>
hmmm, my internet persona is just what I really think, but can't say in front of people.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
I'm really not too much different. Most of how I act depends on my mood.
If I'm anything but happy, I'm usually very quiet unless I want to talk to you.
This applies both on Tb and irl.

If I'm happy/excited/just in a great mood, I'm pretty outgoing, and I can talk alot.
This, too, applies on Tb and irl.

The only real difference i can think of is that on the forums i care a lot less about what any of you think about me. Because at the end of the day, i can turn off the computer and what you say won't have any effect on my life. =]

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
hmmm, my internet persona is just what I really think, but can't say in front of people.

same

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
i definately have an internet persona

its quite different from irl

in real life i dun talk that much or make any sex jokes and such

on the internet i can do watever the fuck i want cuz i will never see any of you in real life and dont care about your opinions about me.... lol
🫷🦚🫸
People who think they are more real online than they are in real life are deluded, insecure, or both.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
I'm awesome pretty much everywhere. It's less effective on the interent because you cant see or hear me being awesome.

In your case I think it's probably the opposite. Nobody can deny what you say and thus whatever you say must be taken as truth by default. Although, I'm sure if you were as self-centered and obnoxious as you are here then you would be without friends. Although, I must say, you do have your moments. But then again, much like myself, you can take it too far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!