Dying Authority
5 Votes / 22.73%
Horned Cipher
1 Votes / 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
I'm Making a Pokemon Game!!!
You heard me right. Hawke, with zero gamemaking experience, very little artistic experience and very little coding experience, is going to make a game. However I do have a few short stories under my belt, so from a writing perspective I should be good. Thankfully, I don't need very much coding experience with the help of RPG Maker and Pokémon Essentials toolkit. Depending on a few details about the game, I will likely need someone who is experience in sprite artistry, as the extent of my skills is just cutting up different characters to make different ones.

A few facts to minimize FAQs:
-I plan on making it a full-fledged Pokémon game with a normal playtime
-Everything will be custom; region, character, professor, storyline, villainous team, etc.
-I have not decided if I want to make a full list of fakemon or use the existing Pokémon. If I do decide to use the regular Pokémon, I will most likely include the first three generations.
-This tale will be a bit darker than the base Pokémon games, although I'm not how much darker I can get than two failed attempts at starting an apocalypse. It will not be nearly as dark as Pokémon Snakewood (zombie apocalypse), but I will include similar-to-real-life issues which include so far, family stress issues and religious/idealistic extremism.
-This is probably going to take a pretty long time to complete. I am aiming for under two years, but I have no knowledge of how long it takes a game to be made, especially with a team consisting one person.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Which RPG Maker? X? VX Ace?

I never hear about that have Pokemon Essentials toolkit before.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
RPGMaker XP. Pokemon Essentials is just a big resource pile that also has a game file that is compatible with RPGMaker.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Oh damn that's pretty cool, I've coincidentaly been thinking about doing something like this as well a while ago, as I started playing some hacked pokemon roms, but I came to the quick conclusion that it's way too much work.

Hope you'll finish it
Last edited by zwouter; Aug 6, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GL I'd love to help you because I think this is a pretty cool idea but there is nothing I could for you.
Sorry
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
Good news: a good Pokemon game
Bad news: we gotta wait 2 years...

Ill be a senior then lol
Hey man, gonna PM you my email. In the chance that I'm not around this forum in two years, email me whenever you finish the game. I totally want to check it out.
Put a Matharu easter egg into it
Or something that has to do with the Clan lel

EDIT: Hide a dick somewhere and if u click on it this happens:
A WILD MATHARU APPEARED!
just a prank bro
Last edited by Matharu; Aug 7, 2016 at 10:32 PM.
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
You got it Creati0n, I'll be sure to let you know.

@Matharu: I c/ped this topic into another forum I'm a member of, and someone asked if there were going to be any easter eggs referring to them or other inside jokes. Unless I can make it super discreet, I will most likely not be including any real-life easter eggs, as I want to preserve the game's potential for being considered a canon expansion, as the game Light Platinum is seen.