ES Recruitment Drive
Anarchy is the abolition of the state, and having no state gives rise to the problems I mentioned but you fail to address.

I'm not going to continue this discussion. You are making me run in circles, and saying stuff that is just plain contradictory/retarded (it's more like not saying anything), asking questions then discrediting/ignoring my answers. I hope someone with the patience required will take my place.
Last edited by ynvaser; Jan 5, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
It doesn't though.

For some reason you just want to blame problems on statelessness although they exist within states already. It's incorrect attribution.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Ok but as I said, since that's not my position doesn't that mean you are deliberately misrepresenting my argument? That kind of fallacy is known as a 'strawman'.

Well..
I don't see any particular downside to anarchism.

No matter which way you want to twist that, you're clearly arguing that you give anarchism the thumbs up because you think there's no downsides. Which is ridiculous.

I appreciate that your argument is "surely there must be something bad about anarchism", but if you aren't prepared to make an actual argument then there's not much point posting is there?

Why are you continuing to argue like you don't understand that there's downsides, when your defence to my other point was that I was misrepresenting you and that you knew there were downsides?

I'll indulge you, though. Have you ever wondered why such a thing as 'hierarchy' exists? It's because, the ancients, to do complicated things, needed to command vast pools of labor - somebody was needed to organise and direct such things. Right now, we live in an incredibly complex and cooperative society. If you bothered researching (hell, wiki'd), you'd know one of the big arguments against anarchism is that our society is too reliant on so many people working together, guided by directors.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Well..

No matter which way you want to twist that, you're clearly arguing that you give anarchism the thumbs up because you think there's no downsides. Which is ridiculous.

Why are you continuing to argue like you don't understand that there's downsides, when your defence to my other point was that I was misrepresenting you and that you knew there were downsides?

But that's not what I said.

Sorry but if we keep getting sidetracked by you trying to strawman then this conversation is going to take a long time. I didn't say there's no downside to anarchism so maybe you should stop pretending I did, ok?
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I'll indulge you, though. Have you ever wondered why such a thing as 'hierarchy' exists? It's because, the ancients, to do complicated things, needed to command vast pools of labor - somebody was needed to organise and direct such things. Right now, we live in an incredibly complex and cooperative society. If you bothered researching (hell, wiki'd), you'd know one of the big arguments against anarchism is that our society is too reliant on so many people working together, guided by directors.

Hierarchies are not incompatible with anarchism, again you are making an assumption. Read your own link.

Again, are you going to make an actual argument any time soon? Come on, post something you think is negative about anarchism (not just; "read this link which has it's own counter argument listed").
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Let me put this together. In your definition, people living in anarchy have laws, police, schools, universities and a defined hierarchy which they follow, but there's no state which could maintain those? Sorry, what? if you answer with another question, i'm stranglin' me a puppy
Last edited by ynvaser; Jan 5, 2015 at 05:26 PM.
But that's not what I said.

It looks pretty clear to me. What did you mean by 'there are no particular downsides to anarchism' then?

Hierarchies are not incompatible with anarchism, again you are making an assumption. Read your own link.

Anarchism (that is, statelessness, self governance and non-hierarchical) is the most idyllic form of governance.

You're so obviously talking out of your ass. You keep contradicting yourself because you have no idea what's going on.
The stupidity in this thread is flabbergasting.
The way you compare various kinds of anarchy with each other without telling which type of anarchy your post is about is just idiotic.
Read post #2 to understand why.

Anarchy is not just ONE thing. Many things can be called anarchy. Therefore it makes little sense to just make some generalizations about anarchy because it does not work for all different anarchic systems.

I'll just close this thread because I have little trust in your ability to actually outline a post to make sense in context.
-----
errrr, post #3
Last edited by Redundant; Jan 5, 2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump