Ranking
^and this all is why i aim to going to Canada for collage instead of staying in the USA because like skywhale said i want to focus on doing the word good with my science studies. i don't want to go into some half developed country and start shooting at em claiming "THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!" and then just leaving them to rot while we move on to another country, bomb, shoot, rinse and repeat.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Originally Posted by ilikepie56 View Post
^and this all is why i aim to going to Canada for collage instead of staying in the USA because like skywhale said i want to focus on doing the word good with my science studies. i don't want to go into some half developed country and start shooting at em claiming "THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!" and then just leaving them to rot while we move on to another country, bomb, shoot, rinse and repeat.

So if you study science in the US you will be forced to go into some half developed country and start shooting at em claiming "THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!" and then just leaving them to rot while we move on to another country, bomb, shoot, rinse and repeat?

Your logic does not compute.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Not to support the invasions, but uuuugh, this is such a played out insinuation. Which invasion? Kuwait? Iraq? Afghanistan? What oil related interests have the U.S. secured, seized, or controlled in any of them? The closest you get is development, but not ownership of, Iraqi oil sands, but ultimately America is far more reliant on Saudi Arabia, Canada, and South America for its oil consumption in addition to domestic, so economic incentives were effectively limited to stopping Saddam from manipulating the price of oil, which wasn't a particularly immediate threat, either.

When people talk of Iraq and other Middle-Eastern wars being motivated by oil you have to realise that the US isn't literally storming oil sites, manning the equipment and sending the oil home. It's about preserving the dynamic that allows for the oil to keep flowing. Regional instablity in the Middle East = economic (and energy) instability for the US.

I made a post in the thread on ISIS that talks about this.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
The good thing about history is that it teaches us how things work. It's able to do this because there's two things that stay constant throughout, more or less - human nature and the nature of states. On the nature of states for example, take a Rome, take a Prussia, take a US - the way they approach politics and diplomacy is all the same. You can call it power politics, realpolitik or 'national security', the concept it the same. To ensure the state's security and survival, the state will do anything to protect its vital interests, because, without protecting its vital interests, its existence is threatened (explains why they're called 'vital'). The reason the US is involved in the Middle East is because it's protecting two of its vital interests, economic security and the security of energy resources. Disruptions in the area cause regional instability, which messes with the oil trade. A messed up oil trade is both a threat to economic and energy security.

I don't like how the USA attacks Middle Eastern countries, and tells their own people this is for protecting them from terrorism, so it's ok. Only a small portion of Americans know, that organisations like Al Qaida and Isis were originally funded by USA, and were projects blowing up in their own hands. I thought leaving self-made terrorist-organisations to a country that isn't theirs would be bad enough, but then they realized there's some riches, such as oil, they could take advantage of.
We didn't leave self made terrorist organizations to their on country lol. Al Qaida and such were formed from trainees, we didn't actually create the organizations themselves.

nerd
<13chillz> Grab a crayon and go zoom zoom
Originally Posted by Havu View Post
Only a small portion of Americans know, that organisations like Al Qaida and Isis were originally funded by USA, and were projects blowing up in their own hands. I thought leaving self-made terrorist-organisations to a country that isn't theirs would be bad enough, but then they realized there's some riches, such as oil, they could take advantage of.

Originally Posted by Havu
Al Qaida and Isis were originally funded by USA

Isis were originally funded by USA

Isis

U wot m8?

The reason only a small portion of Americans might know that is because it's wrong.

Funding local Mujahadeen fighting Russian occupiers is not somehow saddling the countries with terrorist groups that "aren't theirs." This is ignorant at best, falsehood at worst.
By the way, the group you're looking for is not Al Qaeda or ISIS, it is the "Taliban." Except you'd still be wrong about the terrorist groups that the "United States made" because the fighting force that later became the Taliban were assorted grassroots mujahadeen that were organized and operated by the Pakistani ISI. Obviously, the independent Taliban as it exists today is not the same group of assorted fighters as the ones the CIA funded.

Further reading: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/taliban.html
http://globalsecuritystudies.com/Price%20Pakistan.pdf (p3)

but then they realized there's some riches, such as oil, they could take advantage of.

Do you REALLY think no one knew about oil in the Middle East in the 80s or 90s? That after the USA done gone and deliberately ruined the region forever by sprinkling powdered terrorist and adding water, they went "shit wait guys, there's OIL back there!"?

Petroleum was discovered in the middle east in vast quantities before WWII.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
U wot m8?

The reason only a small portion of Americans might know that is because it's wrong.

Funding local Mujahadeen fighting Russian occupiers is not somehow saddling the countries with terrorist groups that "aren't theirs." This is ignorant at best, falsehood at worst.
By the way, the group you're looking for is not Al Qaeda or ISIS, it is the "Taliban." Except you'd still be wrong about the terrorist groups that the "United States made" because the fighting force that later became the Taliban were assorted grassroots mujahadeen that were organized and operated by the Pakistani ISI. Obviously, the independent Taliban as it exists today is not the same group of assorted fighters as the ones the CIA funded.

Further reading: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/taliban.html
http://globalsecuritystudies.com/Price%20Pakistan.pdf (p3)

Do you REALLY think no one knew about oil in the Middle East in the 80s or 90s? That after the USA done gone and deliberately ruined the region forever by sprinkling powdered terrorist and adding water, they went "shit wait guys, there's OIL back there!"?

Petroleum was discovered in the middle east in vast quantities before WWII.

I'm glad to get destroyed here, that's basically what i'm here for, getting my facts straight so i won't fail in a face-to-face conversation.
I can see, that my "facts" were indeed very, if not wrong, misleading. Gotta go learn some more before i come back here
America is a filthy capitalist nation, that uses media to bias all the sheep it herds. It's basically owned by corporations and banks utilize the U.S. Government for power.
The government fights wars over things such as oil and other fossil fuels (which we still use for whatever reason (we are destroying the Earth)), and it's beginning to merge church and state [Texas allowing Moses to be recognized as a founding father].
Originally Posted by etoria View Post
America is a filthy capitalist nation, that uses media to bias all the sheep it herds. It's basically owned by corporations and banks utilize the U.S. Government for power.
The government fights wars over things such as oil and other fossil fuels (which we still use for whatever reason (we are destroying the Earth)), and it's beginning to merge church and state [Texas allowing Moses to be recognized as a founding father].

well, I think your opinion is a bit unfair and biased, considering you don't even have the whole story and you can't just switch from one power source to the other at the snap of a finger especially considering the size and how dependent and accustomed Americans are to fossil fuels. :/

My earlier post was not saying that "my science studies" would go right towards a war effort, I just want to be away from the the army in general, I'm tired of of having countless amounts of people getting sent to a half developed country, and like I said before, shooting up citizens while screaming at the top of my lungs "THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD" what I want to do with my life is find an area where sciences takes priority over the military, and if you're saying that I'm false in saying that "the US media will prioritize the army over sciences" you are sorely mistaken. Yes the army is a big deal, yes we should "root" for our troops while they are away in foreign countries, but why are we sending countless Americans away from their family to lie in some foxhole and for some die riddled with shrapnel and bullets? It's pointless there is no real end goal that will benefit us. Soon the US is going to have to learn they can't be the world's firefighter but until then I stand by my decision to get away from it.
Last edited by Day; Jan 4, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert