Ranking
Original Post
Is Islam a violent religion that needs to be avoided?
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
You see Mocucha, how many times has someone talked shit to you? I'm going to guess quite a lot. How many of them did you shoot? Gonna go on a wild hunch and say none.

Just because someone is thin skinned doesn't justify actions they've taken.
If they didn't kill 12 people because of what Charlie Hebdo illustrated what else could it be? I see no other motives other than a satiric cartoon or because they wanted to prove a point.

Both seem pointless to me and considered killing an innocent person which stands against the religion they were 'supposedly' fighting for.

In the Qu'ran there is also this term called Jihad and it also says killing is justifiable based on circumstance, for example killing a non islamic person aka a non believer in Allah is justifiable according to the Qu'ran

Originally Posted by Mujihad Definition
A person engaged in jihad is called a mujahid, the plural of which is mujahideen. The word jihad appears frequently in the Quran,[1][2] often in the idiomatic expression "striving in the way of God (al-jihad fi sabil Allah)".[3][4][5]

Originally Posted by Jihad
Contemporary fundamentalists were often influenced by jurist Ibn Taymiyya's, and journalist Sayyid Qutb's, ideas on jihad. Ibn Taymiyya hallmark themes included

the permissibility of overthrowing a ruler who is classified as an unbeliever due to a failure to adhere to Islamic law,
the absolute division of the world into dar al-kufr and dar al-Islam,
the labeling of anyone not adhering to one's particular interpretation of Islam as an unbeliever, and
the call for blanket warfare against non-Muslims, particularly Jews and Christians.[76]

Before quoting things you should look deeper into the religion to fully understand the depth of it.

No they are not opposing there religion , they are following it.

The reason for this is that we can't all be one religion, then we lose diversity and are no longer humans.

Religion is dumb, it's not natural. Bugs don't pray to god every night and hope for a next day, they just live.
Last edited by Velair; Jan 10, 2015 at 02:06 AM.
damn im gettin old
Maybe more people will jump on my "build a giant dome around the middle east" proposal.

It is not France's duty to police people who are not French citizens, or to integrate them into its society. Rather than deporting people, I think countries should close their borders to citizens of certain countries for a couple of decades. You can bet that if Sheikh Mahmood isn't allowed to party in Monaco because lowly citizen Habeeb's cousin is a terrorist, shit's going to get solved asap.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Maybe more people will jump on my "build a giant dome around the middle east" proposal.

It is not France's duty to police people who are not French citizens, or to integrate them into its society. Rather than deporting people, I think countries should close their borders to citizens of certain countries for a couple of decades. You can bet that if Sheikh Mahmood isn't allowed to party in Monaco because lowly citizen Habeeb's cousin is a terrorist, shit's going to get solved asap.

"HEY WHY DON'T WE TRANSFORM THE WHOLE MIDDLE EAST INTO A PRISON IN WHICH NO ONE WILL GET IN OR OUT, LET'S LOCK ALL THE CIVILIANS THERE TOO!"
"YEAH, WE'LL DO THAT BECAUSE OF A VERY TINY MINORITY WHO COMMIT TERRORIST ATTACKS! WHO GIVES A SINGLE SHIT TO THE INNOCENT PEOPLE THERE?"
"HELL FUCKIN' YEAH, THIS IDEA SOUNDS AWESOME!"

That was your idea in a nutshell. I hope you understand how ridiculous it was.

Not all of those who live in the Middle East are muslims. An even smaller part of those muslims are extremist muslims willing to make terrorist attacks. That means that less than ~5% of the middle east population are actually willing to make any terrorist attack, and you're planning to lock all of the 95% along?

It's really easy to say "yes, let's fuck the whole middle east" because you wouldn't be affected directly, nor did you think about those who are not to blame, that are there because they happened to be, and they don't really have a choice.
Last edited by Rial; Jan 10, 2015 at 05:30 AM.
:^)
It's not ridiculous at all.

Creating a containment zone in an area where the average violent crime rate is ~180% over the world average is hardly a bad idea. Those bad eggs are the middle east's problem, they are not the rest of the world's problem. You may think you have the right to go wherever you want and do anything you want, but you don't. Why should the residents of France welcome Habeeb and his crazy family into their country? It's their country.

A government's primary, most basic role is to protect its citizens. If the optimal protection of its citizens involves closing your borders to citizens of a country, why not do it?

I hope Front Nationale wins out in France and UKIP wins out in the UK.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
In the Qu'ran there is also this term called Jihad and it also says killing is justifiable based on circumstance, for example killing a non islamic person aka a non believer in Allah is justifiable according to the Qu'ran

No, the only justifiable reason to kill in Islam is in [bold]defence[/bold], if some is going to harm you, you may kill defensively, not offensively like what the Paris terrorist did, read the quote posted by Redpanda.

However, I'd love to know where you get this from the Quran.

"Before quoting things you should look deeper into the religion to fully understand the depth of it.

The reason for this is that we can't all be one religion, then we lose diversity and are no longer humans.

Religion is dumb, it's not natural. Bugs don't pray to god every night and hope for a next day, they just live."

Jihad means "struggle", and the main Jihad which the Prophet emphasized iss the Jihad in oneself, being patient is a Jihad, quitting smoking is a Jihad, giving to the poor is a Jihad, being tolerant is a Jihad, killing innocent people is NOT Jihad, it's murder. Yes there is a Jihad which is related to war, but as I said earlier, it's only in defence.

"No they are not opposing there religion , they are following it."

Osama bin laden, ISIS and those terror groups would agree with you, but the other 99.9% of Muslims (1.5billion) will not agree. Why aren't 1.5billion of us doing it too? Because it's not what Islam is about.

"Religion is dumb, it's not natural. Bugs don't pray to god every night and hope for a next day, they just live."

Awesome! You can talk to bugs?
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
No, the only justifiable reason to kill in Islam is in [bold]defence[/bold], if some is going to harm you, you may kill defensively, not offensively like what the Paris terrorist did, read the quote posted by Redpanda.

However, I'd love to know where you get this from the Quran.

"Before quoting things you should look deeper into the religion to fully understand the depth of it.

Religion is dumb, it's not natural. Bugs don't pray to god every night and hope for a next day, they just live."

Jihad means "struggle", and the main Jihad which the Prophet emphasized iss the Jihad in oneself, being patient is a Jihad, quitting smoking is a Jihad, giving to the poor is a Jihad, being tolerant is a Jihad, killing innocent people is NOT Jihad, it's murder. Yes there is a Jihad which is related to war, but as I said earlier, it's only in defence.

LOL.
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [DISBELIEF] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [DISBELIEF/WORSHIPPING OTHERS] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun[POLYTHEISTS/'EVIL' PEOPLE]" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare

MUH SELF DEFENSE
MUH HOLY BOOK SAYS SELF DEFENSE, IT DOESN'T SAY KILL ALL THE NONBELIEVERS DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT CLEARLY SAYS THAT

"No they are not opposing there religion , they are following it."

Osama bin laden, ISIS and those terror groups would agree with you, but the other 99.9% of Muslims (1.5billion) will not agree. Why aren't 1.5billion of us doing it too? Because it's not what Islam is about.

Obviously you and many others are bad at following very clearly written text.

"Religion is dumb, it's not natural. Bugs don't pray to god every night and hope for a next day, they just live."

Awesome! You can talk to bugs?

o im laffin'
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
It's not ridiculous at all.

Creating a containment zone would immediately screw up relations with the countries within. It would essentially divorce us from the East. Overtly, that looks like a wonderful thing (I'm all for isolationism). But we rely on the East for resources. If there's a disruption in the oil trade, then that really does fuck up parts of the US economy (which then fucks up others). Energy security is a foundational component of national security.

I think, as a solution, instead of doming off the Middle East, we need to be focusing on becoming energy independent or (as I've said in this thread and others) we need to develop new energy sources.
Oh, you didn't seem to quote the verses before and after, let me help you.

[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2](189) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (190) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (191) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (192) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers. (193) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]The forbidden month for the forbidden month, and forbidden things in retaliation. And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is with those who ward off (evil).[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Firstly, you have no idea what these verse is about. Which is a whole other story.
This verse is referring to the time of the prophet when he marched back into Makkah after the Muslims were driven away, no blood was spilt that day, it was a peaceful conquest. Then this verse came, giving the Makkans 4 four months to do what they want, which in the 4 months, no harm can be done to them unless in defence, as you can clearly see in the bolded text. but after that, They must either accept Islam or leave, if they havent done either of them, then they were given permission to kill, for they were already warned, and no one was killed anyways.

This verse does not apply anymore, it is only an instruction to the Prophet at that time.

It is not an instruction for the people of this time.

I like how you quote from an anti-muslim site.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Creating a containment zone would immediately screw up relations with the countries within. It would essentially divorce us from the East. Overtly, that looks like a wonderful thing (I'm all for isolationism). But we rely on the East for resources. If there's a disruption in the oil trade, then that really does fuck up parts of the US economy (which then fucks up others). Energy security is a foundational component of national security.

I think, as a solution, instead of doming off the Middle East, we need to be focusing on becoming energy independent or (as I've said in this thread and others) we need to develop new energy sources.

You mean a disruption that *isn't* ISIS liquidating their captured oil reserves? The "doming" theory isn't physically feasible, and it was a joke. Containing them must be done through controlling immigration and "aid"/sanctions.

We do not rely on the (middle) east for resources as much as you'd think, and blocking immigration is not akin to severe trade restrictions a la Cuba.
-----
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
Oh, you didn't seem to quote the verses before and after, let me help you.

[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2](189) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. (190) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (191) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (192) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers. (193) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]The forbidden month for the forbidden month, and forbidden things in retaliation. And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is with those who ward off (evil).[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Firstly, you have no idea what these verse is about. Which is a whole other story.
This verse is referring to the time of the prophet when he marched back into Makkah after the Muslims were driven away, no blood was spilt that day, it was a peaceful conquest. Then this verse came, giving the Makkans 4 four months to do what they want, which in the 4 months, no harm can be done to them unless in defence, as you can clearly see in the bolded text. but after that, They must either accept Islam or leave, if they havent done either of them, then they were given permission to kill, for they were already warned, and no one was killed anyways.

This verse does not apply anymore, it is only an instruction to the Prophet at that time.

It is not an instruction for the people of this time.

I like how you quote from an anti-muslim site.

I like how you can't avoid contradicting yourself.
Last edited by Hyde; Jan 10, 2015 at 06:37 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Hoss.
Okayyyyyyyyyyyy, just another internet troll, I shall not waste time of you, should've seen it.

Anyways, apparenlty the Paris terrorist had a history of terrorism, France/other countries should check backgrounds before letting anyone in, that may solve it instead of doming the whole of the middle east, will it? Probably not that easy I think.