ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Penny Arcade Expo '09
Hey guys, this years annual Penny Arcade Expo is back in Seattle!

Go here for more info: http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/

PAX (Penny Arcade eXpo) is one of - if not THE - biggest gaming event of the year. You get to play all the newest demos shown at E3 and ComicCon, rooms where you can bring in your own consoles and play with a group of friends on it. There's even a swarm of beanbags for you hand-held gamers (according to Tobin, they get VERY sweaty). Here's NoobToob's account of this 2008's PAX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS_PQmuSoU&feature=user

I live right there so if anyone wants to link up at the expo say the word.
Ill be a wearing a toribash shirt and everything else I can find >.>
Will report back with the official date.

Attendants:
Cindermomo
Samule
RstyKnfe
Vhearo
Sprooj
stupinator (maybe)
rott (maybe)
LtKenny (maybe)

Too see PAX 2008 photos click, here!

Discuss.
Last edited by Cindermomo; Mar 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM.

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========
hope I can go.

looks epic.

I'll have to bring something to show off eh?

EDIT: some info.

The three-day pre-registration rate is $50, which is a $5 discount from the at-the-door price.
Last edited by Stupinator; Mar 10, 2009 at 04:57 AM.
Former Item Forger
Damn it, penny arcade expo...be in Chicago for once! I can't make it again this year because I'm in Wisconsin and have no way to get there, unless I can convince my friends to go on a road trip with me.

Also, wow. Just wow. This reminds me that it's been almost a year since the last time the penny expo thread was posted. That amazes me, I mean it seems like just last week I was sitting here wishing I could go to the 2008 expo. My, how time flies.
I'll be there. I don't know if I will go Friday, it was way to crowded last year, Saturday and Sunday were fine though.
<Tapion> Salmon is nice fish
Ah shit it's in september, that means I won't be able to get out there on a road trip, since it isn't in the summer
Originally Posted by sprooj View Post
I'll be there. I don't know if I will go Friday, it was way to crowded last year, Saturday and Sunday were fine though.

It was crowded because of Bumbershoot, iirc.

This year should be "better"?

[RAWR]
Make sure to bring back some pics for us.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
Sure thing, just like last year.

I will be looking for these things to snap shoot:

Dumb looking guys avoiding cameras.
Fat computer geeks.
Big posters.
My subway sandvich.
Dioramas.
Etc, etc,.

[RAWR]
Originally Posted by Cindermomo View Post
It was crowded because of Bumbershoot, iirc.

This year should be "better"?

Bumbershoot wouldn't explain why the exposition hall was so crowded, they both run all three days.
<Tapion> Salmon is nice fish