Ranking
Original Post
Remove mandatory CnC rule in Art board
The rule that posts in the art board must offer CnC is silly.

It's narrowing the kinds of reactions that people are allowed to post in response to the art. Sometimes people just wanna say 'Woah, that's sick dude, keep it up'. They don't wanna go into some deep critical analysis of the art. From the perspective of the artist, we don't need a review from everybody, we just wanna see how people respond to our art.

Unfortunately, in the name of 'quality' posts, threads in the board don't get many replies, if any. Not many people wanna post their response to the art because of this restrictive rule.

I know I'm not the only one who neglects posting in the Art board cus of this.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Then maybe we really should be looking at a solution like this:

Where if people want strict enforcement of what the CnC rule currently seems to be, they can request it in the thread title, otherwise the much more lenient "Please at least talk about the artwork just enough that your post makes more sense in this thread than in a random thread in Off-Topic" can take precedence.

We already spoke on this, and if it works, by all means go ahead. Wouldn't change the way I moderate the board myself.

Originally Posted by Kunt View Post
Tyzi is against this change because he gets a sense of power when he infracts people for making posts that don't keep up with the art board's over-moderated standards.

I wish this was the case, considering I infract people for forgetting to include programs more than anything.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
10 pages of bans because of this, supported.

if you think posts like this one are acceptable then haha well

i'd like to make it clear that i don't infract people for not making deep art reviews or anything like that. i just want people to explain why they like or dislike the art posted in the thread and, when i infract them, i ask them to do that instead of just saying "cool" or "bad" (uh, check moop's infraction?), especially when they don't seem to understand the rules. you can take a look at the board right now and you'll most certainly find a bunch of posts that are like "i (don't) like this, x is good/bad". we simply ask people to explain why they like or dislike something and i don't know why that's apparently so hard. even if someone posts amazing, perfect art, you can still explain why you like it.

almost all boards in this forum have a post quality standard. for example, what if you make a thread in the music board and everyone just decides to post "lol i like tihs sonbg "? you won't have any discussion and the thread will be a clusterfuck of useless posts; nothing decent will come from it. discussion and cnc is a little bit more important in the art board because people are posting things they made, so they want to hear opinions that might help them improve.

some people (honestly, not a lot) don't wanna hear cnc, though, and get pretty aggressive when their art is criticized. that's where the [cnc] tag comes in, making it optional, although i believe that could make rules a little bit more subjective.

btw, about the whole cnc & me deal: i've explained it already, up there, but i was literally just stating what's in the rules. if you reword it to "you must explain why you like the artworks etc etc", the infraction will still be valid for the same reason, so nothing changes, really. feel free to reword it though i guess
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Some changes were made to bring the rules more in line with how Arctic and TyZi actually moderate the board.

Also the [CnC] prefix has been referenced in the rules. If you would like to have it added to an existing thread of yours, please report your OP and request it.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
If the tag won't change how TyZi or Arctic enforces what we've been talking about though, then what's the point of it? The over-moderation problem remains.

For this to work they will need to agree to relax their standards in threads that don't have the [CnC] prefix. Else the change is superficial and this is all for show.
If that's the case, then we will just mark this thread "Will Not Be Implemented" and move on.

Fancy yourself dictator, do you?

For the record, I'll echo what Moop said about you having a shitty attitude.
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
Did the roles get changed slightly from when I last looked?

There are 2 things I see that are wrong with the harsher cnc requirement.

If you create a "perfect" piece nobody is allowed to post because they need to have cnc on their post. This makes the author not want to post anymore because they got no replies.

The other is the rule naturally only leads to putting down the author because you have to find someone wrong in order to even post without getting an infraction.

That said, I think a post like "nice head, I like the expression/hair/nose/scar/metal" would open up the rules without being a useless post.

I can quote two infractions i got for simply saying I couldn't add cc to something because it was so complete. i try no to come here anymore rg art board because it seems as a totality mods are so dumb and bored all they can do is direct quite and infract people complimenting friends, ive since become an avid shit poster wherever i can be. ty new tori bash (not cre0 hes cool)

as long as its inplace as it is the forum will just stay as it is, it nver usd to be like this?

many parts of forum are dying from over constriction lmod /bored smod actions, kinda over it. Been here 9 years and this year has been the most frustrating i didnt know i signed up for a circle jerk of obstructive ruels and pandering to fucking children.

is that enough cc cause fuck mate keep killing boards with this shit its funny

P.s.p.s Artic and Tyzi are the worst smods in all 9 years I've seen I wish id taken more screens of their actions regarding public image. I dont speak from a place of no experience my Sister ran a forum for multiple years(metal throne, she would legitimately infarct her smods for doing this shit) it is a deterant to activity stop supporting it guys )

Her user was 'Phantasm' Forum admin contracted. fuck this shit has gone to hell I'm over it. Link

This is part of Toribash's issues these days KEK
Last edited by Shogun; Jun 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM.
<Diamond> I gotta say I think you're wonderful, stay that way. Or be more wonderful if you wish.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
If the tag won't change how TyZi or Arctic enforces what we've been talking about though, then what's the point of it? The over-moderation problem remains.

For this to work they will need to agree to relax their standards in threads that don't have the [CnC] prefix. Else the change is superficial and this is all for show.

?

threads without the prefix will have more relaxed moderation. that's obvious, that's why the rule was made. just read it.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Fancy yourself dictator, do you?

For the record, I'll echo what Moop said about you having a shitty attitude.

he's just being realistic, though. we won't remove the rule entirely, won't happen. that's getting rid of posting standards and letting people shitpost freely. if your main argument to defend the rule removal is that the activity in art is low, then if we just turn it into wibbles 2 the activity will rise intensely. that's quantity over quality. we are already giving you a more laidback option with this new rule.
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
I can quote two infractions i got for simply saying I couldn't add cc to something because it was so complete. i try no to come here anymore rg art board because it seems as a totality mods are so dumb and bored all they can do is direct quite and infract people complimenting friends, ive since become an avid shit poster wherever i can be. ty new tori bash (not cre0 hes cool)

as long as its inplace as it is the forum will just stay as it is, it nver usd to be like this?

many parts of forum are dying from over constriction lmod /bored smod actions, kinda over it. Been here 9 years and this year has been the most frustrating i didnt know i signed up for a circle jerk of obstructive ruels and pandering to fucking children.

is that enough cc cause fuck mate keep killing boards with this shit its funny

P.s.p.s Artic and Tyzi are the worst smods in all 9 years I've seen I wish id taken more screens of their actions regarding public image. I dont speak from a place of no experience my Sister ran a forum for multiple years(metal throne, she would legitimately infarct her smods for doing this shit) it is a deterant to activity stop supporting it guys )

Her user was 'Phantasm' Forum admin contracted. fuck this shit has gone to hell I'm over it. Link

This is part of Toribash's issues these days KEK

actually, i could only find one infraction that you got for making a useless post in the art board. post:
Originally Posted by mmm
Only critique I have, is that I would have preferred a few more laser raptors around the end. Other than that however this is beautiful.

"<epik meme> nice jobbo lol". if you read the rules, you'll realize that you broke them. i was simply enforcing a rule.
but well what am i saying really maybe letting people post gigantic TroleFaces along with lengthy cnc like "NICE" is the solution to all of our problems

btw, you should try to keep your personal attacks and whatnot out of this thread. they aren't relevant in any way. if you have a problem with the way i act or whatever, go to staff complaints with a valid complaint.
if you really think i care about my Public Image in the toribash forums though then lmao im sorry
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
?

threads without the prefix will have more relaxed moderation. that's obvious, that's why the rule was made. just read it.

Not according to TyZi. Won't change the way he moderates.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
We already spoke on this, and if it works, by all means go ahead. Wouldn't change the way I moderate the board myself.

If he's not agreeing to change how he moderates then the new rule means nothing to him. We need all mods to follow the rule, but nothing changes with him (he fancies himself special), that's the issue.

Then when I brought the point up, he went full baby-king and basically said 'Well screw you, not implemented then'.

To which you just defended by asserting that he's just being 'realistic'. Let's go over this again. He decides he's not going to enforce the new rule, I call him out on it, he says 'fuck you no rule change then' (even though he wasn't going to enforce the new rule anyway) and then you post and tell me to 'read' the new rule and defend TyZi's childish stubbornness.

You seem to think he's on-board with this new change. He's told us he's not and when I called him on this, saying how this wasn't going to work then, he said he'd just go and close this whole thread - Doubling down on his position. You shouldn't be defending his poor actions. If anything, you should be telling him to stop being so petulant and to get on-board with the program like everyone else.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 20, 2017 at 04:26 AM.
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post

As in, the rule is being changed to what I already go by. This isn't just me dismissing what you're saying, it's Suo compromised and changed the wording of the rules so that it's clear what we expect. (Not cnc, for you to talk about the OP at all) You are asking for something unrealistic and wouldn't be allowed in any other board either, so there isn't a point discussing it. It really has nothing to do with Arctic or myself.