Toribash
All that is amazing. I have never had anything happen to me while a thunder storm has been raging.

Probably 'cause my life is boring etc
lol
Davidfee, it won't protect the computer from anything, only you, should the computer get shocked.
You need a surge protector. That's all you can do to protect it in case you absolutely can't unplug it.
infamous
Here's what happened when a lightning struck in the alley right next to my house(about 20 feet o_O):

Half the lights burnt out, my cable box was fried, 2 of my tvs broke, and a bunch of clocks died.

That's why I'm afraid of lightning
i liek turtelz xd
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
I'm in a thunderstorm with lotsa lightning right now, so is it best to turn off and/or unplug my machine until it's over?

My router once got wasted by a lightning bolt once, had to buy a new one for 150€.

So yeah, I always unplug my comp/router/TV whenever there's a storm or something.
♠NO♠
Originally Posted by Jalis View Post
Davidfee, it won't protect the computer from anything, only you, should the computer get shocked.

Ok thanks, I guess I was mistaken. =/

I'll turn stuff off in the future.
Last edited by Fee; Aug 19, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
i was in the patomic river floating down in a tube when the storm hit me :/
<Insert Cucumer here>
You should always unplug your more expensive stuff during a bad lightning storm. lightning can do some crazy shit to electronics. If it's a hassle to unplug, and you really dont care, then don't bother, but it is possible that it could be ruined.
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
I lost a good mobo to lightning once. I suggest you unplug everything you want to keep.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well